Call from doctor sent to voicemail

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lmacmil
Call from doctor sent to voicemail

Post by lmacmil » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 am

I've been dealing with this for months so that post is more to vent than expecting a solution. Calls from my doctor's office consistently get sent direct to voicemail. My NMR is set to send suspected scammers to voicemail but I have I reported this number as good 2 or 3 times. The number does not appear in the NMR database as a known scammer. I have given the office my cell number because I can't see any other solution at this time. Aside from this quirk, NMR is working pretty well and I am getting far fewer robocalls since I signed up for Premier.

oomamaniacal

Re: Call from doctor sent to voicemail

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:25 am

Is the doctor's number in your Ooma contact list?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Yes.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 am

I think I found the issue. I gave them my cellphone # since calls to the Ooma were getting sent direct to voicemail. When I got the call on my cell, the number came up with the last for digits 0001 which is the main switchboard number for this large regional medical center. My doctor's office last four are 8400 (same area code and first 3 digits). I am going to add that to my contact list to see if that fixes the issue. Neither # is in the NMR database so it shouldn't be directing calls to voicemail.