Calls are being blocked that were not

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Flying Trees
Calls are being blocked that were not

Post by Flying Trees » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Greetings and Cheers;
For approx. the past 1-2 weeks calls I want to come in are being blocked. I have made no mollification's to my blocked list and have the My Ooma setting set to high call blocking. It appears to me the Ooma blocks lists have changed or more numbers are being added as blocked. No one at Ooma can shed any light on this. The one solution I have come up with is to create contacts for the numbers I want to come in. Will this work???? i.e. bypass the Ooma call blocking feature. Also why are my numbers now being blocked.

murphy

Re: Calls are being blocked that were not

Post by murphy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Did you not look at the right side of the page where you set call blocking to high?
All four blocking methods are enabled.
If a call meets any of those methods or lists it will be blocked.

Any business that does cold calling using its main or callback numbers will find those numbers end up on NoMoRobo.

Putting a number in your Ooma contact list will white list it which means it won't be blocked.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Flying Trees

Post by Flying Trees » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am

The number is from a family member and I have it specified in the contact lists. What happens is the phone rings once then we get on our phone Blocked Caller. I know this is the number, I have two Ooma Numbers and on the phone with the family member and they call in on the second phone.

Flying Trees

Post by Flying Trees » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 am

Additional update. The phone says Blocked Caller but we can pick up the phone and talk to the other party. Interesting?????.

Also the issue dose not exist on our second Ooma Number all is good. The phone number with name is displayed.

Flying Trees

Post by Flying Trees » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 am

I found the issue. The phone number that was being called has a block list on the phone it self. When someone calls in you can press a button to block the number and it will be added to the phone number's block list. This is what happened.