50% battery on HD3 handsets

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
knelson
50% battery on HD3 handsets

Post by knelson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm

I've seen a few older posts about this, but can't believe there's no response from Ooma about this. It's the "my HD3 bounces between 100% and 50% battery problem" that seems to have been out there for a while.

I've had my 3x HD3 handsets for about 2-3 weeks now. Love this service, but the handsets seem to just randomly go to 50% battery power now and then. Then back to 100%. Then 50%. I've taken the batteries out and done a discharge/recharge cycle on them with a *real* battery charger... but still get the same issues. But in reading everything, it sounds like it's a problem with the handsets themselves.

Is this ever going to get fixed? Ooma? Anyone?

kengeer

Re: 50% battery on HD3 handsets

Post by kengeer » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:56 pm

I fixed the same issue by pulling the two batteries out and putting them back in. After that it shows 100%. Something strange with the firmware update.

knelson

Post by knelson » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:01 pm

It's been a couple months, so I figured I'd post an update.

kengeer... I did the pull the batteries out and put them back in again trick for a while, but after a couple days it would be back to the normal 50%, 100%, 50%... routine.

What I *did* do to solve it was just buy a new set of *good* rechargables and replaced the ones that came with the phone. Been running Panasonic eneloop batteries for 2 months now, and have had *no* problems or repeat issues. I did a lot of troubleshooting and swapping of Ooma-provided batteries between the three handsets, but nothing solved the problem... until I just replaced the batteries.

So yeah... if you're having this problem, just buy good batteries and recycle the ones that came with the phone. Disappointing, but at least it worked.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:52 am

I found that even though my HD3 would occasionally drop to 50%, it always went back to 100% at some point. I've never had it run out of charge during a conversation, even one lasting 40-50 minutes.