Nomorobo useless

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jafriede
Nomorobo useless

Post by jafriede » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 am

I have Nomorobo active as well as the "Block known spammers" . In the last week, we have been getting 10 or more calls a day from different numbers saying "your Apple ID has been compromised, blah blah blah". Today I had to resort to blocking all numbers not in my contact list. This is not a permanent solution since I can't predict what number a doctor might be calling from. Either Nomorobo is not working or it is simply useless?

nrc

Re: Nomorobo useless

Post by nrc » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Very annoying. I had at least twenty calls like this, fifteen minutes apart. If Ooma can't provide a better solution then I may was well port my number to a parking service and just get the voice mails.

Let me send non-contacts to voice mail and then require a button push to leave a voice mail. Problem solved. Stop wasting my Premium service dollars on a security service that I don't want and fix my phone service. :x

TonyW

Re: Nomorobo useless

Post by TonyW » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Are you reporting these calls to NMR? Someone has to for the numbers to be added to the database.

Some suggestions:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21374#p141445