HD3 Handset basic instructions & Quick Start Guide - DND / Do Not Disturb

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mikesmithfl
HD3 Handset basic instructions & Quick Start Guide - DND / Do Not Disturb

Post by mikesmithfl » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 am

ref: https://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-hd3- ... tructions/

( If you're looking for info on how to find the DND / Do Not Disturb feature, see the HUGE text below )

I just bought a new base unit that came with the HD3 handsets. I spent over an hour online here and in the manuals trying to figure out how to use the DND feature. The basic instructions online are wrong and the Quick Start Guide that comes with the unit is laid out oddly.

The online basic instructions, where I went initially, have this paragraph about the DND feature: (emphasis added)

• Context sensitive softkeys
    Access your Ooma voicemail with one touch and toggle the popular Do Not Disturb feature, right from your phone’s home screen. These keys update intelligently depending on the context of the current menu screen.

Maybe it was intended to operate that way at some point, but it doesn't now. The 'popular' DND feature is NOT on the HD3 handset's home screen - as it was with the old HD2 handsets.
The softkey for DND doesn't appear to exist ANYWHERE.

The Quick Start Guide which came with the handsets places the correct directions for DND in the Enhanced Voicemail section. I didn't find it there after searching through the booklet 4 or 5 times, but I notice it when I went to 'Troubleshooting' and saw it under 'My phone doesn't ring'. Unfortunately, the explanation of where to find the feature is incorrect.

The troubleshooting section sends the user to 'Menu', and then 'Settings' for DND.
It's NOT THERE.
It's actually in 'Menu' / 'Services' instead.

I accidentally found it while combing through every menu option on the phone.

OOMA is the WORST service out there - except for all the others.

sigh

I hope this might help others.
Mike
Ooma Telo 104 w premier
1 HD2 handset, 1 HD3 handset, 1 Linx remote
configuration: wired connection from T-Mobile home internet to TP-Link router to Ooma Telo