After reading about this problem, I decided to experiment with my telo2. Lightly using Windex and a microfiber cloth in a small area, I noticed that it was stickier after using the Windex. I then tried plain water with the microfiber cloth. It removed the dirt, did not mar the finish, and did not cause any marks to be left behind. Now mind you, I was being very gentle and wiping rather slowly. It looks like new, and is 90% less sticky than it was at the start. Taking the cover off [to replace the speaker], it appears that the top cover is really made of white plastic that has been painted with some exotic satin finish paint.