Recurring Billing Problem for over a year

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
CNost3
Recurring Billing Problem for over a year

Post by CNost3 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:16 pm

This issue has gone on for a year now and is the result of a system error at Ooma. For some reason Ooma’s system retains the old expiration date of the previous card and attempts to pass this to my bank each month, causing a rejection. Each month I am asked to enter a corrected card - - I update the card with the correct date and the payment goes through fine. However, the following month Ooma reverts to the old expiration date and the cycle starts all over.

I called Ooma a year ago and customer service said I needed to contact my bank. I contacted my bank, and they pulled records showing that Ooma was submitting the incorrect expiration date, which caused the issue. When I called Customer Service back they transferred me to the automated card update system and did not attempt to actually resolve the root cause (an Ooma system error). I just called customer service again (offshore) and they said that they can document issues for escalation but can't resolve things themselves. I have left this complaint in my response to a quality survey a while back but never was contacted. This takes me a few minutes each month, but I am getting tired of having to reset the card each month only to have Ooma revert to the old expiration date and can’t seem to find anyone to resolve this. Can someone help? I'm just trying to get to a warm body who can actually resolve this.

murphy

Re: Recurring Billing Problem for over a year

Post by murphy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Try updating the card during the month when a payment isn't outstanding.
I updated mine a couple of weeks ago.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Donchesh

Re: Recurring Billing Problem for over a year

Post by Donchesh » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 am

I have had a similar problem now for several years. I tried to change credit cards but Ooma fails to bill the new one. Multiple calls and Emails to customer service over the years have never been able to resolve the problem.