Invalid Username or Password during Registration

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
phantom.jordan
Invalid Username or Password during Registration

Post by phantom.jordan » Fri May 21, 2021 2:38 pm

When you try to go to forums.ooma.com to register with your username and password from my.ooma.com. The two sites have different syntax checks apparently. My Ooma will allow certain special characters in a password, whereas forums.ooma.com will not.

For anyone struggling to create a forum account, the easiest to to change your my.ooma.com password to only have numbers and letters. Then create the forum account. Finally, go back to my.ooma.com and setup a more secure password.

@Forum Admins, it would be nice if the forum matched the syntax check from my.ooma.com. Thanks.

TL:DR; My Ooma and Ooma Forum have different password syntax checks.

MinnesotaSlim

Re: Invalid Username or Password during Registration

Post by MinnesotaSlim » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Thanks for the tip! I have never encountered bizarre registration procedure before, and if I hadn't been persistent enough to find this post, I would have gone away in frustration. I wonder how many other have done just that? And over a year later, this hasn't been fixed.

The error message gives no hint at what the problem is, and I never would have guessed.

I hope Ooma forum admins are listening!