Handsets - Change Base connection

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
coastalguy
Handsets - Change Base connection

Post by coastalguy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 pm

I originally purchased and set up my DP1 and HD3s to my Telo Air 2. I have now purchased the Telo LTE base and need to change my DP1 and HD3s from the Telo Air 2 to the LTE base. My problem is that these devices do not seem to recognize the new LTE, and will only connect to the Telo Air 2. I have unpowered the Telo Air 2 so that it was not broadcasting, and then pressed the page button on the new LTE. After 3 seconds, it does say the registration is active and the blue light blinks, but then nothing happens, other than several minutes later the blue light becomes solid. As soon as I repower my Telo Air 2, the sets immediately reconnect to it. It appears it has memorized the 1st base and will not recognize a new one unless it is somehow removed from the memorized base??? Thanks,

coastalguy

Re: Handsets - Change Base connection

Post by coastalguy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:54 am

Further to my original post, I also tried disconnecting the battery in the DP1, thinking that it might be retaining the connection to the Telo Air 2, but with the same results. Seems that once a handset has been "connected" to a base, it then retains that connection, then automatically re-connecting in case of power outages, disconnects etc. It seems that somehow this "auto re-connection" needs to be disconnected somehow.

coastalguy

Post by coastalguy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:22 am

OK, found the solution. On each handset, under settings there is a disconnect option which when selected, allows you to re-connect to another base. Seems like something that would be worthwhile to include in the directions on the sites and manuals????

Robek

Post by Robek » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 pm

Ooma users can also use the Telo web ui to register/deregister HD3 handsets (and other DECT devices).