Cancelations not respected

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
korey99
Cancelations not respected

Post by korey99 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:36 pm

Ok, so lot of this is on me, not being more vigilant with my credit card statement, but I'm wondering if this is standard operating procedure.

Many (many) months ago I cancelled my service. I got a ticket number and everything. My device had quit working and I never used it anyway. So I recycled it, cancelled my account, deleted my login, etc.

Then I notice I've been getting charged all this time. So I submitted a request to Ooma on 11/30. I can't log in, because I closed my account. I can't do the "forgot password" thing for the same reason. I asked them to cancel my account and give my money back. I got a ticket number again. I had to search my old emails to even figure out what the phone number used to be.

So then today I notice I got charged yet again. I call Ooma again. They explain that long ago I agreed to give the device to someone else and transfer the service. Which is unlikely since it was in the trash. The CSR I talked to kept trying to get me to keep the service, which I understand is his job, but I'd already asked to cancel twice and the device doesn't exist :) The next level of support offered me two months refund, but I wasn't comfortable giving any more personal information at this point, and it wasn't worth the few bucks.

Credit card company can only refund the last two months. Anyone have any better luck?