Voicemail notifications not working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
andyross
Voicemail notifications not working

Post by andyross » Fri May 19, 2023 5:29 am

I have noticed that I no longer get text messages if someone leaves a voicemail. Before, I not only would get a text message, but the Ooma app would also pop up a notification. The Android properties says it "does not send notifications" and is turned off and cannot be turned on. I double-checked and even re-entered my phone on the web site for notifications, but it still doesn't work. Some newer reviews note it stopped working with a recent update.

I had to add an email notification, which does work.

jtroth

Re: Voicemail notifications not working

Post by jtroth » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:14 pm

I too have this problem. Comments left in the reviews on the Play Store indicate that this problem is specific to Pixel phones (which I have). I notice that the app on my samsung table does still do notifications.
I tried to explain this to a customer service rep so that they could forward the information to their devs, but was unable to get her to understand the problem. (I didn't need her to tell me how to do something - I just wanted to pass some information on to the techs so they will a) know there's a problem and b) be able to fix it.
I failed utterly at this.