No light on base station logo

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
coastalguy
No light on base station logo

Post by coastalguy » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:43 am

Suddenly, yesterday while my incoming calls seemed to be working ok, I lost my dial tone on my DP1. I unplugged the base and had it recycle, to where it showed the red, red blinking and then blue. My handsets now connected with a dial tone, however, my DP1 did not connect to the base until the following morning when I received a call. Now, everything seems to be working ok, however instead of the blue logo light, there is no light at all. It appears white with a light shining on it, but in the shade, there is obviously no light. Again, everything seems to be working ok, including getting a dial tone on my DP1, and receiving calls and voicemails, however the logo light has ceased to light. Per Ooma chat, when I click on the rewind button, the light quickly turns a pale red and then disappears. Thanks,

Robek

Re: No light on base station logo

Post by Robek » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:01 pm

Does the logo stay red while the rewind button is pressed down? Hold it down for at least a few seconds to check. Repeat a few times. If so, then the blue backlight isn't working. Try unplugging the base station for five minutes or so, and then plugging it back in. If that doesn't help, then it's probably a hardware issue.