Google Voice Extension Verification

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hangtown
Google Voice Extension Verification

Post by hangtown » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 am

I see that there are older posts concerning this issue, but no immediate solution. I've tried numerous times to verify the google voice number but I never get the verification message. Support was no help, they suggested trying again in a few weeks. Did that and still doesn't work. I can send a message from my phone and PC to google voice so it appears the issue is with Ooma. Any suggestions?

MacTav

Re: Google Voice Extension Verification

Post by MacTav » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:25 am

Just tried this today and it STILL does not work. Very clear that Ooma is LYING and fundamentally "MISREPRESENTING" their service. They are advertising and charging money for a feature that does not exist. They make it impossible to get an answer from anyone in tech support as well. We need to keep this post open so when we DO file a class action lawsuit against Ooma, this is part of the evidence string.

Robek

Re: Google Voice Extension Verification

Post by Robek » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:23 pm

Some other Google Voice users managed to solve their setup issues by contacting customer support. So, what happened this time? Was it Ooma's fault, or Google's? (Does Google even have customer support?) Without more information, it's not at all clear yet whether Ooma did anything wrong here.

Good luck finding a lawyer willing to help with a lawsuit. Are there even enough users affected to file a class action? How many users are successfully using this allegedly non-existent feature? What are the damages? What about Ooma's arbitration clause, or their service availability disclaimers for third party providers?
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS (SEE SECTION 16 FOR MORE INFORMATION).
It seems like it would be an uphill battle with very little payoff. But good luck with it anyway.