porting question

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
cegarbage
porting question

Post by cegarbage » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:28 am

I have 2 questions. I am an existing ooma customer and do not pay monthly fees, had the service for 15 years. I have changed my # several times. Last time, moving to a new city, i got a number and get too many spam calls a day.

1. If pay $20, and get a new #, will i have to agree to the new TOS and pay taxes at this point in time?
2. I have a google voice number that doesn't get spam. If i port that number, will i have to agree to the new TOS?

I just called, spoke to someone i couldn't understand. She was hazy if google voice would work, but indicated I'd have to agree to the new TOS. Since i have changed numbers 3 times over, i was surprised to hear that.

Robek

Re: porting question

Post by Robek » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:55 pm

Porting/changing a number probably shouldn't affect any grandfathered status, but only Ooma can say for certain. Contacting them by email to ask about that may be easier. And written correspondence may also prove useful later on, just in case Ooma accidentally changes the TOS.

The support rep may have confused porting a Google Voice number with Google Voice Extensions. GVE is not the same thing at all, and it would require subscribing to Ooma Premier, which could very likely result in the loss of any grandfathered status, (not to mention the added cost of Premier).