Changing voicemail settings?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
domm
Changing voicemail settings?

Post by domm » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:36 am

Hi

I logged into my ooma account & reset the number of rings before the voicemail picks up. While I am away I have it set so the voicemail picks up instantly. I have now reset it to have the voicemail to pick up after 4 rings but when I call my ooma number the voicemail still picks up instantly even though I have 4 rings checked. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

PS: My ooma is offline but I think the voicemail is in the cloud.

Robek

Re: Changing voicemail settings?

Post by Robek » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Which is offline, the My Ooma (website) or the Telo/Hub (device)? Ooma apparently moved some web sites to different IP addresses recently, so if the website appears to be offline, then try (temporarily) changing the DNS provider, in the browser's 'Privacy & Security' settings, to see if that helps.

Generally, the pickup timeout in the Voicemail Preferences only matters when Ooma can connect an incoming call to a ringing phone. If something prevents an incoming call from connecting, then Ooma won't wait before sending the call to voicemail -- for example, in any one of the following cases:

domm

Post by domm » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:50 am

Hi Robek & thanks for trying to help out. It is my telo that is offline. I logged into my web account & tried to change the number of rings from zero before sending the call to voicemail to 4 rings but the request is not taking. I called cs but got no help from them.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:21 am

As long as the Telo is offline, Ooma will route calls directly to voicemail without delay, regardless of the Voicemail Preferences pickup timeout value.

domm

Post by domm » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:19 am

Thanks Robek

So just to update, I got back to the home my tello is at & I plugged it back in. It would get a blue light off & on for a few hours until finally receiving a blue light that stayed blue. I then called ooma from my cell & the system had taken my reset from 0 to 5 rings so all is good.