Support communications leave a lot to be desired

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
m3047
Support communications leave a lot to be desired

Post by m3047 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:58 pm

Hi there. I'm a new Ooma customer. I'm being intentionally vague below, I don't know what might be truly sensitive.

On the 20th of November I called to clarify a few concerns and to report a discrepancy between documentation and web site functionality. I asked for and received a confirmation code for the issue.

I called about two hours ago to report a separate hardware identification issue and the person didn't evidence the technical chops and hung up on me. So I tried the forum and it made me complete an additional registration but I still couldn't log in.

So I called again and this time the person was technical enough to understand the hardware issue (my Ooma device works, that's not the problem). I asked for and received a confirmation code; however the code is the same one I was given on Nov. 20, but this is a separate issue so it's not really a confirmation code memorializing the communication (not, so to speak, a receipt or case number).

Meanwhile the forum kicked out a confirmation email and when I just tried the link phpbb kicked a server error (something about cache permissions). I have a screen shot but again not sure I should post that either. However, I can now log in and post to the forum, QED.

Too bad there's no Bugzilla or RT. Support communications seem unduly opaque.

--

Fred Morris | m3047 | internet plumber

m3047

Re: Support communications leave a lot to be desired

Post by m3047 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:11 pm

I have another issue or question. I noticed the Ooma training up and then rebooting starting yesterday and continuing into today however it seems to be staying up now.

I see a notice on the Support page:
We are investigating an issue which is causing some Ooma Telo devices to stay offline. To avoid running into this issue, do not power cycle or reboot your Telo device at this time, as it may not go into service.
I need to do some network maintenance which will impact the Ooma device's connectivity and I don't know if I should hold off or not. More information would be helpful, for instance is it ok to disrupt the device's connectivity as long as I don't power cycle it? When did this issue start, and when is a resolution anticipated?

--

Fred Morris | m3047 | internet plumber

andyross

Re: Support communications leave a lot to be desired

Post by andyross » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:39 am

I noticed mine rebooted this morning. I did see the firmware version is 120332362. I thought it was 9xxxx awhile ago. Don't know if it was just a firmware update reboot, or there was something else going on.

Ooma seems to have abandoned these forums. There have been no posts about firmware or other service issues for 18+ months.