rings very quickly, multiple times

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
normw2
rings very quickly, multiple times

Post by normw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:13 pm

Greetings,
From time to time, my phone will ring 5 or 10 times, in the span of a few seconds.
This last occurrence was from a local business that was calling to say my purchase was ready for pick up. See attached screenshot of my missed call log.
I'm guessing this is a false positive of robo call blocking.
Is there a way to report this to nomorobo?
I have started adding these local business to my ooma address book, but have not had any call me back yet to test it out.
I am otherwise very happy with ooma, as almost all spam/hangup calls have stopped.
I will report back to see if adding the local business to my online address book let's the call through .
Thanks for any help with this.
Norm

Robek

Re: rings very quickly, multiple times

Post by Robek » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:39 pm

Does that mean 5 to 10 rings in the span of a few seconds, or 5 to 10 calls? Custom ring patterns can have shorter rings (repeated up to 4 times), between longer intervals, for one incoming call. Where is the attached screenshot showing the missed calls log?

Whatever the issue is, it may or may not be related to robocall blocking. Regardless, subscribers who want Nomorobo to either block or unblock specific numbers need to first sign up for a Nomorobo account. Then they can report numbers through their account.