I ordered 2 handsets and got charged for 6

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Fawnlily
I ordered 2 handsets and got charged for 6

Post by Fawnlily » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 pm

I ordered 2 handsets the other day and there was some glitch on the website and the order got placed 3 times. I have 3 different order numbers and 3 different charges to my credit card. I have contacted customer service twice (by phone and by chat). They just insist that I placed an order for 6 handsets and if I want to return them, I have to pay for shipping. They refuse to send a return label. The woman on the phone told me I should have refused delivery even though I told her multiple times that deliveries are just dropped at the front door. I received 4 today (in 2 separate boxes)and the other 2 are in transit. How do I get return shipping labels for these? I did not order 6. The guy in chat said I must have added the 2 phone set to my cart 3 times. Then why are they in 3 separate orders instead of the same order? I guess the customer is not always right anymore.

Robek

Re: I ordered 2 handsets and got charged for 6

Post by Robek » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:24 pm

Try contacting Ooma's billing department, either by phone, email, or snail mail. If Ooma won't pay for return shipping, then how much would it actually cost? Would it be worthwhile to consider returning all 6 handsets, and getting third-party handsets instead? Another option is to try reselling the extra handsets.