Purchasing and communication problems with Ooma Telo.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
brygite
Purchasing and communication problems with Ooma Telo.

Post by brygite » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:28 am

On March 28, 2024, I received an e-mail from Ooma offering a 50% discount, so I decided to take advantage of it and buy the latest Ooma Telo, a $79.99 value.

I received my purchase from UPS on April 4, 2024. Upon opening my package, I noticed that the Ooma HD3 Handset (Black) was missing.

I emailed the company on Friday, April 5, 2024 to tell them that the "Ooma HD3 Handset (Black)" was missing from the box with the modem. Immediately afterwards, I received an e-mail from the company saying that they would contact me within the next 24 hours. Since then, I haven't heard from them, nor have I received an e-mail from them.

While waiting for this problem to be solved, I decided to buy the "Ooma HD3 Handset (Black)" in order to be able to use my new modem. I'm currently waiting for the handset to be delivered.

The major problem is that I'm not able to reach Ooma by phone to help me solve this problem, and I also have other questions for them. When I call 1-866-929-6662, I always get a voice message saying "Ooma does not accept calls from blocked numbers".

I unplugged all the Ooma Telo equipment, waited a few minutes, plugged it all back in and it's still the same, no change and impossible to reach them on the phone. I really don't understand what's going on, since in the pass I have never encountered this type of problem when communicating with Ooma Telo.

If anyone can help me here, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
brygite ooma telo user since 2014

Robek

Re: Purchasing and communication problems with Ooma Telo.

Post by Robek » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:25 pm

First, disable Caller-Id blocking (if necessary), before calling Ooma support. Next, make sure to use the right phone number; Ooma support has different numbers for residential services, business services, and other services. If they don't call or email about the missing HD3 handset by Monday, then call (or email) them back.

While waiting for an HD3 handset, plugging a regular, landline phone into the Telo 'PHONE' port should also work. For new accounts, follow the directions for activating and setting up the device. To transfer an existing account to a new device, contact Ooma for assistance.

brygite

Post by brygite » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I don't know how to deactivate caller ID blocking. Could you please explain how to do this?

I have the right phone number which is:

1-866-929-6662 (Canada)

Thank you for your help.

brygite

Post by brygite » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:06 pm

Okay, thank you very much Robek,
I just figured out how to deactivate Caller-Id blocking.

brygite

Post by brygite » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:12 pm

I've just tried disabling Caller-Id blocking but I get a notification at the top of the page that says ”You cannot configure this feature with your service level”

brygite

Post by brygite » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:45 pm

I had to subscribe to the Premium service to be able to uncheck the Caller-ID blocking. So I'll have to wait and see if I manage to talk to someone at the company.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:33 pm

Caller-ID blocking means that the caller is blocking the display of their own outgoing Caller-ID; the receiving party only sees "Anonymous Caller". That's different from Anonymous Call Blocking, where the receiving party refuses to accept such incoming calls.

The exact instructions for enabling/disabling Caller-ID blocking depends on the caller's provider. (In some cases, when Ooma customers have trouble setting up their service, they will have to call Ooma from a different phone, with a different provider.)

Ooma customers can disable Caller-ID blocking for outgoing calls by logging into the web portal, navigating to Preferences -> Privacy, and unchecking "Block display of my caller-ID". Or they can temporarily disable Caller-ID blocking for one call, by dialing "*82" before dialing the number for that call.

If that still doesn't work, then use a different telephone to contact Ooma, or else send them an email.

brygite

Post by brygite » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:43 am

Thank you very much Robek for all these clarifications. It's good to know about *82, I'll make a note of it. I'll be taking steps in the next few hours to try and sort out all the problems. Your help has been invaluable, once again thank you very much and don't mind my English, it's a translator. In the meantime, have a wonderful day.

brygite

Post by brygite » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:44 am

I just tried to reach Ooma Telo by phone. I press 2 for service in French and it always comes back in English. Impossible to speak to anyone.