I can't get my new Ooma Telo to work

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
brygite
I can't get my new Ooma Telo to work

Post by brygite » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:53 am

Hello,
I can't get a connection with my new Ooma Telo. The red light flashes and then goes out after a while and restarts. It does this over and over again.
Thank you in advance for helping me solve this problem.
brygite ooma telo user since 2014

brygite

Re: I can't get my new Ooma Telo to work

Post by brygite » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:21 am

Up!
I've tried everything to connect my new ooma and it just won't do it. I've been trying for 3 days and it doesn't work. I can't even call customer service, I don't have a phone anymore. I'm trying to do it with my cell phone but my number is blocked at Ooma and I don't know why. I don't know what to do except cancel my subscription with Ooma. I'm really disappointed with the customer service. Several years ago it was very easy to install the Ooma Telo base, I did it without any problem and now it's impossible. Even on my.ooma, it's not my new ooma that appears, it's my old one. I tried to reconnect to my old ooma to see if it would work, but no, it didn't. I'd hoped I'd be able to log in again. I'd hoped to be able to use it to contact customer service, but it was impossible. If anyone has a better idea than terminating the Ooma Telo subscription to solve this problem, I'd love to hear it. Thank you for your help.

Robek

Post by Robek » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 pm

First, make sure that the cell phone is not blocking the outgoing Caller ID number; try calling a friend or family member, and ask them if they can see the name/number for the cell phone. If not, then follow the cell phone provider's instructions for unblocking the outgoing Caller ID, and then try it again.

After resolving any cell phone issues, try calling Ooma's customer service again. If that still doesn't work, then try calling Ooma from yet another phone, (if available), or else send Ooma an email, and explain everything that happened so far, with trying to contact them by telephone.

Please provide more background about the two Telos, and how they are supposed to be set up. Two Telos can't share the same phone number. Either each Telo has its own phone numbers (and login accounts), or else Ooma would need to transfer the existing phone numbers from the old Telo to the new one.

If each Telo has its own number, then they use separate accounts; activating the new Telo should not affect the old one. If the goal is to transfer the existing phone numbers (and accounts) to the new Telo, then Ooma would deactivate the old Telo, so it would not work anymore.

brygite

Post by brygite » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:12 am

Up!
Hello, my new ooma telo is finally working. With the handset HD3 I also have a landline phone connected to the ooma.

When I use the landline phone I hear a lot of crackling. I've disassembled and reassembled the phone and handset and there's nothing wrong with them. I've even changed the handset wires and the other wire that connects the phone to the ooma.

Could you give me some clues as to why there's so much crackling when I use the landline phone? Thank you for your help. Excuse my English, it's a translator.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:59 am

It's good that the Telo is finally working. Aside from the crackling, is the voice quality otherwise ok? If not, then check the QoS settings; for high-speed internet (greater than 10 Mbps), disable QoS. Also, check whether switching between low-bandwidth (*96) and high-bandwidth (*98) codecs makes a difference.

Otherwise, if the crackling occurs for the landline phone, but not the HD3, then it could be a hardware issue, either with the phone, or the phone connector. If it is possible, then try connecting a different phone to the Telo, or connecting the phone to a different phone service, to help narrow down the problem.