Setup call unanswered forwarding like verizon *71

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dedels
Setup call unanswered forwarding like verizon *71

Post by dedels » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:24 am

https://www.verizon.com/support/pound-star-codes/

I have this setup on my personal lines to send un-answered calls from my personal cell phone to google voice.
I have google voice set to do-not-disturb which sends all calls to voicemail.
So basically I replaced my voicemail with google voicemail! I am very happy with this.

I would like to do the same for my home ooma phone. I would like it to ring my home phone 4-6 times. If I don't pick up, I would like it to call forward to my google voice number (where the voicemail will be left)

Thank you.

Robek

Re: Setup call unanswered forwarding like verizon *71

Post by Robek » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:20 pm

Just set up call forwarding from the Ooma number to ring both the home phone and the Google Voice number. Then increase the Ooma voicemail pickup timeout as needed, so that Google Voice picks up the call before Ooma voicemail would.

Another option is to set up Google Voice extensions; that works similarly, except that the caller needs to dial the Google Voice number. Google Voice would forward to the Ooma phone number, and if there is no answer, then Google Voice would route the call to its own voicemail.