Telo Availability

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
gbcox
Telo Availability

Post by gbcox » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Was wondering if there is going to be an upgrade program available for current users - or if possible to get the wireless phones and use with existing base/scout units. It would be nice to be able to easily use all the features including second line from a cordless phone easily. Also, hopefully will be an option for multiple cordless sets.

Thanks!

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Telo Availability

Post by Dennis P » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 am

I don't have an answer on an upgrade program for current users yet.

The ooma telo handset will only be compatible with the new base station, so cannot be used with the current Hub. Each ooma telo base station will support up to 6 handsets (although not all can be active at the same time).

atici

Post by atici » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Why is this even an upgrade? Does the Telo have any other new features / more cpu power etc other than the additional dect handset? In the future, will there be any features exclusive to Telo?

ejohansen

Post by ejohansen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Bump.

Interested in any additional details that can be "leaked" ahead of the CES unveiling in under two weeks. It's unfortunate that the telo handset can't be used with the "old" system...as I am going to be shopping for a cordless phone, soon. It seems like it would be a no-brainer to have that kind of compatibility...I'd pay $100 - $120 for a telo handset to work with my "old" ooma system.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:00 am

So with the upcoming release of the Telo system... all the current silver-box 'Ooma' Bases and Scouts are suddenly obsoleted?? There's some news for ya. Talk about trading in a car because it is a couple of years old. It should still work just fine. :p
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

ejohansen

Post by ejohansen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:42 am

Well, they're not going to be obsolete. Not even nearly so. Sticking with your car analogy - the 2010 model is coming out, even though you bought a 2009. It is inevitable. However, your 2009 will continue to function even though something newer and shinier is out. :)

I'm just hoping we can use those handsets with the old system. It looks like you can't...which I guess isn't too big of a deal. It's just another potential revenue stream for ooma so you would think they would be interested in that.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:37 am

Hmmm, this may also explain why the new price of the core Ooma Base and Scout set was dropped to $198 on Amazon a few weeks ago. Again, nothing wrong with that. ;)
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>