Need help getting my wireless internet to work

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Racktacular
Need help getting my wireless internet to work

Post by Racktacular » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:31 am

I set up my Ooma yesterday. I have it set up with my modem and my wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS). I had no problems setting up the Ooma and it works just fine. The internet on my desktop PC (that is hardwired) into the router works fine. I have no problems getting on the internet and that is how I making this post. However, I hardly ever use my desktop PC. I always use my Macbook which connects to the internet wirelessly through the router. I set up the Ooma late yesterday and never tried to use the Macbook until this morning and I have no internet connection with my macbook. When I connect my Macbook directly to the router it works fine, but not wirelessly. The Macbook actually shows that I have a wireless internet connection but doesn't connect at all.

Can someone help me as this is a huge problem that I will have to return the Ooma if this doesn't work.

Thanks!

- Rack

RedLead550

Re: Need help getting my wireless internet to work

Post by RedLead550 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Maybe for some reason both the Mac and Ooma are using the same IP address. Check your router for what's showing up. You may need your manual but for my Netgear I enter 192.168.1 in a browser to get into my router. I think my old Linksys was 192.168.1.1.
Bert