Forwarding calls to an Ooma number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mroofus
Forwarding calls to an Ooma number

Post by mroofus » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm

I recently purchased Ooma and I'm using a number supplied by Ooma at the moment until I'm ready to port my number over. I currently have my other service configured to forward all incoming calls to the Ooma number. When a someone calls the non-Ooma number, the call gets forwarded to the Ooma number, my phone rings, but the caller does not here a ring on the line. They just hear dead silence until I pick up the phone.

I tried configuring my other service to forward to my cell phone and did not get this same behavior -- the caller was able to hear a ring in this case.

What could be causing this and is there a way to resolve this issue?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Forwarding calls to an Ooma number

Post by Bobby B » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi mroofus,

Call forwarding to an ooma number should work -- I gave it a try with a test vonage line. What service are you using for your call forwarding?

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

mroofus

Post by mroofus » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks for the reply Bobby B.

I'm using Comcast digital voice. I configured my account to forward all calls to the Ooma number that I was provided. Like I said, this worked fine when forwarding calls from Comcast to my cell phone; but when forwarding from Comcast to the Ooma number, the caller does not hear the ring.

d street dave

Post by d street dave » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 am

I have the same problem forwarding my calls from Vonage. Occasionally I get a ring or two, but most of the time it is just dead silence for the incoming caller.