$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Soundjudgment
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by Soundjudgment » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:35 am

With only one week to go... I hope they get that new person trained in short order. ;)
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

mhowie

Post by mhowie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:02 pm

tjnamtiw wrote:however, what we TRULY WANT TO KNOW is will ooma default on their initial promise to grandfather original Premier members for $99 a year for as long as we are subscribers! Unfortunately, when this promise was made, I took ooma for their word and did not do a screen dump of that page.
The silence from Ooma confirming their earlier grandfathering commitment is deafening.
--Howie

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 am

mhowie wrote:
tjnamtiw wrote:however, what we TRULY WANT TO KNOW is will ooma default on their initial promise to grandfather original Premier members for $99 a year for as long as we are subscribers! Unfortunately, when this promise was made, I took ooma for their word and did not do a screen dump of that page.
The silence from Ooma confirming their earlier grandfathering commitment is deafening.
I believe it represents the answer to the question. We should assume there is no lifetime $99 premier plan and the best you can do is buy 1 year, or 3 years at that rate.

Scott

riverspirits

Post by riverspirits » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 pm

We've had Ooma service through a scout/hub since March 2009. We LOVE it! Very trouble free, getting set up required a customer service call (but that was due to my ignorance, and after a wait, the technician figured things out very quickly!), I LOVE the voicemail forward through email available with Premier. I stay so busy I don't really have time to keep up with the forums, but after receiving email notification that $99/yr premier was available 'til the end of the year, I put it on my list to do... and got busy again, so I'm just getting to it now. My intent was to purchase 3 yrs at $99/yr. When I saw $350 for lifetime, I thought, why not? (and I saw that option on-line using Internet Explorer -- so I guess those issues are resolved!)? I guess the risk is that Ooma might go under... I don't think that will happen -- I've been pleased to see Ooma getting marketed in big forums (promo segments on Today show, Headline News) and I also love shopping at amazon.com, and Ooma seems to be doing well (and well rated) there -- great signs to me... Other risk is our hub goes belly up, but if that happens, I'll call Ooma customer support to arrange switching service through a replacement hub, and I trust they'll honor the "lifetime premier" purchase I've made, particularly if it's been 3 years or less IF I have to replace hardware (which I don't anticipate). No one has a crystal ball, and anything (well, almost anything!) can happen, but I've been very happy with Ooma and their products, services, and policies to date. So, I vote with my continued support and $$ through a long-term service purchase for the continued success of Ooma!

I must really love Ooma -- I'm still crazy busy, but I took the time to register and post this in the forum.
Hey, Ooma works -- sometimes there will be hiccups and glitches, as there are with anything, but overall my experience has been the service works, and their support and policies indicate care and concern for their customers. That Rocks! :D

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 am

riverspirits wrote:We've had Ooma service through a scout/hub since March 2009. We LOVE it! Very trouble free, getting set up required a customer service call (but that was due to my ignorance, and after a wait, the technician figured things out very quickly!), I LOVE the voicemail forward through email available with Premier. I stay so busy I don't really have time to keep up with the forums, but after receiving email notification that $99/yr premier was available 'til the end of the year, I put it on my list to do... and got busy again, so I'm just getting to it now. My intent was to purchase 3 yrs at $99/yr. When I saw $350 for lifetime, I thought, why not? (and I saw that option on-line using Internet Explorer -- so I guess those issues are resolved!)? I guess the risk is that Ooma might go under... I don't think that will happen -- I've been pleased to see Ooma getting marketed in big forums (promo segments on Today show, Headline News) and I also love shopping at amazon.com, and Ooma seems to be doing well (and well rated) there -- great signs to me... Other risk is our hub goes belly up, but if that happens, I'll call Ooma customer support to arrange switching service through a replacement hub, and I trust they'll honor the "lifetime premier" purchase I've made, particularly if it's been 3 years or less IF I have to replace hardware (which I don't anticipate). No one has a crystal ball, and anything (well, almost anything!) can happen, but I've been very happy with Ooma and their products, services, and policies to date. So, I vote with my continued support and $$ through a long-term service purchase for the continued success of Ooma!

I must really love Ooma -- I'm still crazy busy, but I took the time to register and post this in the forum.
Hey, Ooma works -- sometimes there will be hiccups and glitches, as there are with anything, but overall my experience has been the service works, and their support and policies indicate care and concern for their customers. That Rocks! :D
I bet if you took a survey of all Ooma users, past and present, the rate of people with the same impression as you would be easily over 90%. There are those that bought Ooma expecting a set of a Porche keys inside the box (e.g. enterprise class router) but for the rest of us, Ooma rocks. My biggest concern isn't Ooma's technical vision, it's their business savvy. Can they make this thing profitable for the long term? I hope so, but I'm going to bet against it and pay the $120/yr penalty. For those buying the life time Premier purchase, let's hope I end up paying more in the long run to keep Ooma ticking so you guys don't need to. :D

Cheers,
Scott

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:30 am

I am a bit pressed for time, and have been for the past month or more. So, without reading 22 pages, or conducting a search of other topics, is there anyone out there who can provide a definitive set of conditions re: the $99/year option vs. the lifetime option?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:42 am

The $99.99 per year option ends tomorrow. As of 1/01/10 it is $119.99 per year. I think you can buy up to three years at the $99.99 per year price. Lifetime is $349.99 until tomorrow. It goes up on 1/01/10 but I don't remember the new price.

Base your math on what the service you are replacing costs you. Including the hardware cost plus a year of Premier plus Lifetime sounds like a big number until you compare it with the $47 per month I was paying Vonage for two lines. My break even point over Vonage is 16 months. As of next June I break even and service past that point is free compared to staying with Vonage.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 am

murphy wrote:The $99.99 per year option ends tomorrow. As of 1/01/10 it is $119.99 per year. I think you can buy up to three years at the $99.99 per year price. Lifetime is $349.99 until tomorrow. It goes up on 1/01/10 but I don't remember the new price.

Base your math on what the service you are replacing costs you. Including the hardware cost plus a year of Premier plus Lifetime sounds like a big number until you compare it with the $47 per month I was paying Vonage for two lines. My break even point over Vonage is 16 months. As of next June I break even and service past that point is free compared to staying with Vonage.
Thanks Murphy. As far as being a bargain is concerned, my break even point occurred within roughly four to five months of my sign up... maybe even less.

There was some thread that seemed to indicate that those of us who signed up for Premier service early were only required
to pay the difference between what we paid for our initial year of Premier service and the lifetime price (e.g. $350 less $99, or $251). Any word on this?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:14 am

They charged me the full price for Lifetime.
No allowance was made for the Annual Premier which was due to expire in March.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Shing

Post by Shing » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:45 am

I hope I haven't stepped on anyone with this and it has been posted before but I just found out.
I just finished talking to GINA. Finally someone who gave me answers I could understand. First of all...anyone who WANTS[/b] Lifetime[/size] Better get it!!
Gina told me that after Jan 1st Lifetime will be no longer offered at all. It was never an offer that was put on paper it was only a verbal offer to those on the phone.
She told me that the remainder of my premier warranty will be of no use and they will not discount any portion of it that I had already paid.it is just lost, As soon as you purchase the Lifetime it takes up at that time removing what you had left on your 1 year standard warranty with the premier. Mine was good until May 2010 and I lost the 5 months signing up for Lifetime. Had I waited to extend my Premier until May It would have been $119 PLUS $49.99 for the cost of the warranty for 1 year.
If during the 3 years my unit breaks, I am to return it to them and they will send another with the 3 warranty still in play for the new one but only as long the 3 years is not up. After the 3 years I would have to purchase the product warranty part for the premier by itself for whateveer the cost is at that time. It is now $49.99 year BUT The Premier part of it, the blacklist,forwarding,second number,voicemail and such those features ARE lifetime .[/b]
I hope this helps someone. If you want to talk to her Gina says you must ask for Sales. 1-866-453-6662 she said you ASK FOR GINA BY NAME!