$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
scottlindner
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by scottlindner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:24 am

murphy wrote:Do the math. I used to pay Vonage $47 per month for two lines.
I paid $249.99 for the hub/scout plus $99.99 for a year of Premier plus $349.99 for lifetime Premier.
That's $699.97 total.
$699.97 divided by $47 is 14.9 months. I purchased the hub at the end of January 2009. At the beginning of May in 2010 I break even over what I would have paid to Vonage. It's a free ride from that point on.
What post are you responding to?

NB2A

Post by NB2A » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 am

Regardless of what service I choose whether to stay basic or not here is question I have. What if for whatever reason my hub fails? Say it takes a lightning hit or line surge.I need to buy a new box and cannot find the hub and need to buy the latest model.Will I still be able to keep the basic service free for life?

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:56 am

NB2A wrote:Regardless of what service I choose whether to stay basic or not here is question I have. What if for whatever reason my hub fails? Say it takes a lightning hit or line surge.I need to buy a new box and cannot find the hub and need to buy the latest model.Will I still be able to keep the basic service free for life?
Basic service comes free with the unit, not your telephone number.

allo

Post by allo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:01 am

deleted ... what if?

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:16 am

tjnamtiw wrote:OK, on the third try, it went through for the extended Premier so that is OK, but not being grandfathered for the rest of our life is NOT what we were promised. Sure I could get the $350 lifetime but the 'fine print' says for the life of the device. With my luck, the darn thing would crap out next week and I would be out $350.
The promise of lifetime grandfathering sounds now like one of Obama's promises.. :shock:
Lifetime comes with a 3 year warranty extension... So as long as Ooma honors its hardware warranty (which I no doubt believe they will), your lifetime purchase has just guaranteed you 3 years of premier calling...

And Ooma has also been very good about stating that if your unit breaks after that period, that they will transfer lifetime to the same product...so if yours breaks in 3 years and 1 month, go out and buy another hub and they will transfer your lifetime to it...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:10 am

In this time of troubles, I'm not sure I want to bet $350 that Ooma will be around in three years. Not that they aren't good and I love the service; however, if my bank can fail................ My question about grandfathered $99 premier has been ignored just like everyone elses'......

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 am

tjnamtiw wrote:In this time of troubles, I'm not sure I want to bet $350 that Ooma will be around in three years. Not that they aren't good and I love the service; however, if my bank can fail................ My question about grandfathered $99 premier has been ignored just like everyone elses'......
Agreed. I've been trying to determine the same thing. Does grand fathering mean as long as you are an active premier subscriber at $99/yr, you'll always be, or is this a one time buy out and after three years, everyone will be paying $120/yr regardless of years of Premier subscription?

I suspect I will be a cheap bastard, keep paying per year, rather than a three year buy, and hope they mean the traditional meaning of grandfathering. If not, I still win compared to what QWest was nailing me for.

Scott

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 am

tjnamtiw wrote:In this time of troubles, I'm not sure I want to bet $350 that Ooma will be around in three years. Not that they aren't good and I love the service; however, if my bank can fail................ My question about grandfathered $99 premier has been ignored just like everyone elses'......
I spent the $350. If they survive until May 2010, I break even over what it would have cost to stay with Vonage.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 am

You can extend your Premier service for $99 per year before the end of this year. After the years of Premier purchased at $99 expire you will go to the $119.99 per year.

2.Current Ooma Premier Users
a. No changes to your current feature set.
b. No annual regulatory recovery fee will be charged.
c. If you are paying monthly for Premier, your monthly price will change to $9.99 from $12.99.
d. If you wish to buy an additional year of Premier at $99.99, you have until 12/31/09.

3.Current Ooma Premier Trial Users
a. No changes to your current feature set.
b. No annual regulatory recovery fee will be charged.
c. If you want to purchase an annual Ooma Premier subscription, you can do so until 12/31/09 at $99.99, after that the price will go up by $20 to $119.99.

4.New or Unactivated Ooma Hub/Scout Combinations
a. No changes to your promised feature set, includes voicemail and a 60 day Premier Trial.
b. If you want to purchase an annual Ooma Premier subscription, you can do so until 12/31/09 at $99.99, after that the price will go up by $20 to $119.99
c. No regulatory recovery fee will be charged
Go AVS!

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:28 pm

Aveamantium, I see you are just a registered user so I assume you don't truly speak for ooma. It is nice to regurgitate all the info we already know; however, what we TRULY WANT TO KNOW is will ooma default on their initial promise to grandfather original Premier members for $99 a year for as long as we are subscribers! Unfortunately, when this promise was made, I took ooma for their word and did not do a screen dump of that page.