$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dlong
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by dlong » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks MikeekiM.

I came here for help and have done exactly what others in this thread have told me to do here. It turns out that most people here are just as confused as I was.

Anyhow, in August, I was asked to beta test the Telo. I turned it down because I felt I could not put the required time in. I regret turning that down now. Because after perusing the forums since the October announcement, I get the feeling it is "who you know" at Ooma that can help you. Calling the overseas support is a challenge to say the least.

dlong

Post by dlong » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 am

by Aveamantium...I'd give it another week or so before you get too upset
Okay Thanks for the positive comment.

The last 2 days with Ooma support reminded me of the first few days of Ooma back in February. And it "pissed me off" for the lack of a better expression. During this time, I just could not believe that Ooma went so far backwards. And, I am truel bothered that my important phone service and also health connection to police/ambulance/etc. is at the mercy of this!

Anyhow, I hope my experience has saved many others in education and time. That is if they have read my previous posts.

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 pm

feartheturtle wrote:
sal826 wrote: Looks like the amazon.com seller will not take it back - does anyone here want to buy a barely used hub?
Sal:

Unless you are going to get rid of Ooma altogether, why not purchase a scout from eBay? No one can guarantee a trouble free installation of the scout, but in theory any scout can be used with any hub. They do not need to be purchased as a pair. You should spend $30 - $50 for a scout on eBay. That will probably be a better deal financially then trying to sell your used hub and then purchasing a new core system.

One word of caution - hooking up a scout can be troublesome, especially if you have DSL service, or if the wiring in your house is old/incomplete. Also, many people report that calls made from a phone connected to the scout will have more static (interference - often only heard by the "non-Ooma" participant in the call).

Good luck.
Sal: please disregard what feartheturtle said - yes, you could just buy a scout, but it may end of being more expensive. Yes, voicemail is free for ALL ooma customer now, after ooma received terrible feedback about taking VM away, so if Voicemail is all you care about, then keep the hub and buy a scout (like I said, could be more expensive) I would recommend selling the hub and getting the Core since it will be better for you financially. This way, you will NOT be subjected to the $11.75 Regulatory Recovery Fee charged to ALL Telo and HUB ONLY users (you). So, if you don't want to pay the RRF, you need to get the Core system.

Hope this helps.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

stevenL

Post by stevenL » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 pm

So if I understand ... current core users (original ooma customers of Costco) can still get ooma premier for $99 until 12/31/09 with no regulatory fees. Thereafter premier service will cost ALL ooma users $119.00/yr. Question - will regulatory fees apply to core users who subscribe to premier after?

dlong

Post by dlong » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 pm

If you are a current Priemier member, the answer is a definitive NO. You can do nothing at this time. Don't bother calling support as they will not help you.

If you aren't a current Priemier member, I believe the answer is yes.

ahessler

Post by ahessler » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

When I try to purchase the ooma premiere extension I get an error. I sent an email to ooma support regarding the problem but this is the bounced email I get back:

Hello, this is the mail server on mt01.cimondemand.com.

I am sending you this message to inform you on the delivery status of a
message you previously sent. Immediately below you will find a list of
the affected recipients; also attached is a Delivery Status Notification
(DSN) report in standard format, as well as the headers of the original
message.

<support@oomacare.com> delivery failed; will not continue trying

:?:

Adam

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 pm

ahessler wrote:When I try to purchase the ooma premiere extension I get an error. I sent an email to ooma support regarding the problem but this is the bounced email I get back:

Hello, this is the mail server on mt01.cimondemand.com.

I am sending you this message to inform you on the delivery status of a
message you previously sent. Immediately below you will find a list of
the affected recipients; also attached is a Delivery Status Notification
(DSN) report in standard format, as well as the headers of the original
message.

<support@oomacare.com> delivery failed; will not continue trying

:?:

Adam
Their inbox is probably full. You should call the sales dept.

EchoTony

Post by EchoTony » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:27 pm

My premier subscription expires on November 10, 2010.... Do I need to buy my next year at $99 now, 10.5 months early to get the $99/year deal?

I was unable to contact customer support about this through their email form -- I got a delivery failure notice email. :(
That's pretty lame. And they want me to plunk down $350 for a lifetime of lame service? hummm.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 am

EchoTony wrote:My premier subscription expires on November 10, 2010.... Do I need to buy my next year at $99 now, 10.5 months early to get the $99/year deal?

I was unable to contact customer support about this through their email form -- I got a delivery failure notice email. :(
That's pretty lame. And they want me to plunk down $350 for a lifetime of lame service? hummm.
I came here wondering the same thing. I though Ooma Premier subscribers were permanently locked in at the $99/yr rate, but the email I just received makes it sound like I can jump now and get the $99/yr rate for the next three years only.

I don't care either way, the extra $20/yr is nothing compared to how much QWest was raping me for a landline with no extra features, but I want to understand it so that I can make the best decision.

Cheers,
Scott

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 am

Do the math. I used to pay Vonage $47 per month for two lines.
I paid $249.99 for the hub/scout plus $99.99 for a year of Premier plus $349.99 for lifetime Premier.
That's $699.97 total.
$699.97 divided by $47 is 14.9 months. I purchased the hub at the end of January 2009. At the beginning of May in 2010 I break even over what I would have paid to Vonage. It's a free ride from that point on.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx