$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
southsound
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by southsound » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:47 pm

funone46 wrote:I was told when I went to sign up for lifetime I would lose my original $99 I paid in April. The cs rep assured me it would available in april when my current premier runs out
So help me understand how lifetime starting in April is a better value than lifetime starting now? :shock:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:52 pm

I agree... why take the chance of lifetime being eliminated when you can just pull the trigger now? Waiting till your $99 year ends doesn't actually provide you with any benefit... And if Ooma decides to end the lifetime on 12/31/2009, then we are going to have a bunch of message threads about how they wish the had pulled the trigger before the new year...

My advice...if you are interested, get it before they take it away...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

whn

Post by whn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 pm

southsound wrote:
funone46 wrote:I was told when I went to sign up for lifetime I would lose my original $99 I paid in April. The cs rep assured me it would available in april when my current premier runs out
So help me understand how lifetime starting in April is a better value than lifetime starting now? :shock:

because you dont tie up your money now until you have to in April.

Since you paid until April, why give out $350 when you dont have to until April? in his/her case.

You can easily put the $350, invest it or just put it in ING DIRECT and earn interest on it until April.

yes the last sentence Im kinda exaggerating , but you catch my drift.

hopefully

Either way, with the holidays and user doesnt have to pay until APril, better spent on family and holidays than OOMA when its paid for until April .

I would be surprised if OOMA got rid of lifetime. Even Tivo has lifetime for years now.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Also, the 3 year extended warranty won't start until they sign up for lifetime. So if you wait until your current sub runs out, then the extended warranty will last you longer.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:05 pm

bw1 wrote:Also, the 3 year extended warranty won't start until they sign up for lifetime. So if you wait until your current sub runs out, then the extended warranty will last you longer.
Not too sure about that. I believe it said that the warranty was extended TO three years. That means 3 years from purchase date if I'm not mistaken. Maybe someone else has better or more accurate info but that is how I remember it.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

UnReasonableMan

Post by UnReasonableMan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm still not clear on whether a lifetime subscriber would pay only the $350 now, or would also have to pay a recovery fee after the first year...could Dennis or another mod confirm?

More generally, if I buy lifetime premier for the hub/scout I have, rather than the telco I plan on getting, do I get anything different for my money? TIA.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:54 pm

I think this has been covered... Premier and the recovery fee are two separate things...

If you get the hub/scout under the former TOS, then there is no recovery fee. If you are under the new TOS, then the annual recovery fee is required... This is the fact whether you have premier or not...

If you get lifetime premier...then you don't have to worry about the monthly recurring premier fees...

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 pm

whn wrote: I would be surprised if OOMA got rid of lifetime. Even Tivo has lifetime for years now.
The moderator has already made the statement in a previous posting that Ooma does not plan on keeping premier indefinitely, and that it is planning on eliminating it at some point... So it's not speculation on our part that it will go away... They've stated as such... Now whether they change their minds, or have no intention of following through with their statement, that's another story all together...

Of course, they haven't actually stated any timeline for elimination...

whn

Post by whn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 am

MikeekiM wrote:
whn wrote: I would be surprised if OOMA got rid of lifetime. Even Tivo has lifetime for years now.
The moderator has already made the statement in a previous posting that Ooma does not plan on keeping premier indefinitely, and that it is planning on eliminating it at some point... So it's not speculation on our part that it will go away... They've stated as such... Now whether they change their minds, or have no intention of following through with their statement, that's another story all together...

Of course, they haven't actually stated any timeline for elimination...

you mean lifetime or eliminating premier

MWPollard

Post by MWPollard » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:57 am

whn wrote: you mean lifetime or eliminating premier
Eliminating the Lifetime subscription. They aren't going to eliminate the Premier, since it's their main source of continuing revenue.