$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
allo
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by allo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm

MikeekiM wrote:Yup...based on the way Ooma is handling the basic service, I would assume that it is the lifetime of the account, not the hardware...

According to past posts from the Ooma team, they are going to recognize the original activation date and base services on the original account activation date. And that this includes transferring the account to another box...

That's my understanding anyway...

So I guess that means that for Ooma Hub Customers, the My Ooma upgrade page will give four choices for Premier:
- 1 Year - $99
- 2 Years - $198
- 3 Years - $297
- Lifetime - $350

At least until December 31, 2009... After that, I suppose it all changes to $119 increments, with the lifetime either remaining the same, or changing to something higher...

I don't know... $250 for the box...and another $350 for lifetime...that's a $600 recovery/breakeven point that I need to manage at that point... I would consider this if (1) the lifetime were tied to the account and transferable to future boxes tied to the account; and (2) if lifetime were a little more affordable...maybe if it were at the price of a 3 year commitment (which would bring it down to $297)...

Just thinking aloud...cuz I know Ooma has shown that they are listening to their customers... That's my thinking anyway...for what it's worth... :)

I first got Ooma because of the promise of free phone service... But as I refine my way into these extras, "free" service is getting pricey!!! :D

Where did you get all that information... or like you said you are thinking out loud, which may mislead some readers!
I don't see this pricing posted anywhere:
- 1 Year - $99
- 2 Years - $198
- 3 Years - $297
- Lifetime - $350

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Sorry...wasn't meant to mislead... If you read my lead in, I say "I guess that means..."

It's a complete guess on my part... I'll delete it so that no one accuses me of trying to mislead, as this was not my intent at all...

It is actually quite logical though... The moderator's have stated that current hub owners will be able to pre-purchase multiple years of premier at $99... so it's simple math... And the fact that lifetime in this thread was confirmed at $350 made the pricing table easy to assemble...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

johnnytheg

Post by johnnytheg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

I recently purchased the Ooma hub and Scout package and understand that i am covered under the old terms and conditions, but I am not sure if I still get the unlimited customer support for free as all the rest of the older customers got. Can someone verify this? I am not an Ooma Premier subscriber.

Thanks,

John

allo

Post by allo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm

It has been over a week now since OOMA decided to change a few things, and left a lot of unanswered questions up in the air; which made current and specially prospective customers-members UNEASY, due to many uncertainties left to speculation!
I suggest that a MENU be posted with ALL the PRICES and DETAILED CONDITIONS FOR EACH ITEM offered: be it monthly, yearly, lifetime... No where does it say if one can buy a lifetime Premier and at what price and what conditions; lifetime per account or lifetime of the hardware?
To date it has been kind of a hearsay thing about many of the issues of Premier and the like...through moderators and posters.
I wonder what percentage will buy the Premier Plan and other services after all this commotion and uncertainty.
Will the percentage of those who will buy the Premier change for the better compared to before 10/1/09, which was 25% according to ooma (summer of 2009 by CEO, on FOX tv I believe).?
Only time will tell; but all the uncertainties and conflicting/confusing reports will not help to inspire confidence; and many will rather take a wait and see attitude!
I like ooma services and I hope it will continue to thrive... but it needs to convey confidence and transparency by addressing and clarifying all the controversial issues.
Oh and one last thing: try to keep it simple! So far there are too many plans: one plan for those who bought ooma 2007-2008, one plan for those who bought it and activated before 10/1/09, one plan for Hub and Scout after 10/1/09, one plan for Telo, one plan for Hub only, one plan after 12/31/09. That is too many plans for a person to comprehend, if you ask me!

reiddouglas

Post by reiddouglas » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:58 am

I have already paid to have my number ported, so if I sign up for a year of Premier, can I get that money refunded?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:09 am

reiddouglas wrote:I have already paid to have my number ported, so if I sign up for a year of Premier, can I get that money refunded?
If you paid to port during your trial and decide to purchase annual Premier, I think you can get a refund, but you will need to do that through customer service instead of online.

tailwheel

Post by tailwheel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:39 am

I did the same thing back in June and got a refund. It took a few calls to CS but finally got my $40 back.
Ooma Hub/Scout owner since March 2009

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Yea...I have heard that Ooma is really good about ensuring that if you paid for a port, and then subscribed to premier (within a reasonable amount of time), that they will refund the port costs...

dyehya

Post by dyehya » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Dennis P wrote:
whn wrote: What is the lifetime costs?

Thanks
Lifetime Premier is currently $350.
Dennis would you please clarify that the Lifetime Premier service is for the account and doesn't matter whether you are a telo or hub user. Thank you.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:22 pm

FYI...for what it's worth: I called customer service, and when I asked this question, the guy said he did not know, and needed to talk to a supervisor... When he returned, he assured me that lifetime is transferable between hardware in the case of an upgrade or replacing unserviceable equipment...