$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
whn
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by whn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:05 am

MWPollard wrote:
whn wrote: you mean lifetime or eliminating premier
Eliminating the Lifetime subscription. They aren't going to eliminate the Premier, since it's their main source of continuing revenue.

oh, ok, I was confused by your post, "The moderator has already made the statement in a previous posting that Ooma does not plan on keeping premier indefinitely, and that it is planning on eliminating it at some point."

Anyhow, I think they wont get rid of Lifetime, I think its too much up front money to pass up for them.

$350 x 1,000 units / $350K is good chunk of change up front to develop the product. we're basically paying 3 1/2 years up front, so its not like were making out on them since they are getting up front money for 3 1/2 years of service.

Tivo got rid of lifetime for a while and quickly brought it back .

Perhaps the incentive now, is that the lifetime is at $350, it could go up by April to like $400 ? who knows..

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:35 am

MWPollard wrote:
whn wrote: you mean lifetime or eliminating premier
Eliminating the Lifetime subscription. They aren't going to eliminate the Premier, since it's their main source of continuing revenue.
Correct...my bad... I said premier when I meant to type "lifetime premier"
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:35 am

Now you guys have me nervous. So I went ahead and ordered the lifetime now. The cs said they normally do not offer this. Which is a different story than I got the last time. But I am in now I hope :!:
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 am

funone46 wrote:Now you guys have me nervous. So I went ahead and ordered the lifetime now. The cs said they normally do not offer this. Which is a different story than I got the last time. But I am in now I hope :!:
Good for you...I did it, and am glad I have the decision behind me to be honest......

You should be able to go to myooma under the "account" selection and your lifetime should show up immediately...

Here's how mine shows up...

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 am

Well still shows up annual. It did the last time I tried for days. So I will keep on top of this now. I was told it had to got to sales and hope they get it done
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am

funone46 wrote:Well still shows up annual. It did the last time I tried for days. So I will keep on top of this now. I was told it had to got to sales and hope they get it done
Were you able to get that Lifetime subscription, with the amount of the Premiere Yearly subscription taken into account? If all you needed to pay was the difference, then I plan on getting the same deal from them.
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

whn

Post by whn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 am

Soundjudgment wrote:
funone46 wrote:Well still shows up annual. It did the last time I tried for days. So I will keep on top of this now. I was told it had to got to sales and hope they get it done
Were you able to get that Lifetime subscription, with the amount of the Premiere Yearly subscription taken into account? If all you needed to pay was the difference, then I plan on getting the same deal from them.

i hope so, thats what I would like for myself as well. i would hate to see that $99 wasted in a sense

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 am

I've heard that some people were able to get a full $99 credit because they were still on their trial period...so the $99 hadn't started officially paying for anything yet...

I have not heard of anyone who was able to get a credit for a term of service that has already started... But then again...I haven't talked to a lot of people on this topic either...

On the other hand...I have heard a number of people who signed up for one year for the $99... and at renewal time, go for the lifetime... basically eating the first year's cost...

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 am

Mine was done immediately... but then again, I was talking to sales...and the sales team are the ones who processed my request... I was able to confirm that my lifetime showed up correctly on MyOoma before I hung up the phone...

funone46

Post by funone46 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 am

I guess I should have went to the sales dept. The cs rep stated that the lifetime would take effect at the end of my current plan. But even if it does not. I do not feel the $50 I would have lost is that big of deal. The important thing is to get the lifetime before it is gone.
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER