$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
DrewAZ
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by DrewAZ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 pm

It seems a little odd that the mods are responding to other topics but not to this one.

I am also hoping that we will be grandfathered in year after year but it doesn't seem clear to me that that is the case.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Maybe it is just me but I'm wondering if there is some internal confusion on this topic!? Could be why they aren't responding to it yet?
Go AVS!

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Aveamantium wrote:Maybe it is just me but I'm wondering if there is some internal confusion on this topic!? Could be why they aren't responding to it yet?
Bingo. I would assume that the marketing folks and the financial folks are trying to meet some level of profitabililty at a certain point in time so these decisions and the discussions that form them are much more complex than just setting a line in the sand and saying this is how it is. ooma will eventually come out with a fair plan and a concise way of presenting it - but after the recent firestorm I think they want to make sure all their ducks, goats, and wombats are in a row before giving an "official" answer. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:50 pm

I hope they have a position on this within the next 3 days... My premier trial period ends at that time and it would be great to know exactly what the policy is going to be...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

DrewAZ

Post by DrewAZ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:03 pm

southsound wrote:
Aveamantium wrote:Maybe it is just me but I'm wondering if there is some internal confusion on this topic!? Could be why they aren't responding to it yet?
Bingo. I would assume that the marketing folks and the financial folks are trying to meet some level of profitabililty at a certain point in time so these decisions and the discussions that form them are much more complex than just setting a line in the sand and saying this is how it is. ooma will eventually come out with a fair plan and a concise way of presenting it - but after the recent firestorm I think they want to make sure all their ducks, goats, and wombats are in a row before giving an "official" answer. :P
Clearly they are a company that needs satisfied customers to help them build their business. Personally I would expect management to consider all of the scenarios and present them clearly to their subscribers and potential subscribers at the time changes are made. All of this confusion and emotion is not good for their growth. And all of us have hope that their business will flourish so we can continue to enjoy their great service!

marhil

Post by marhil » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 am

I just got the old Ooma hub yesterday (10/5). I activated last night was told I could get the premier for $99 if
I purchase by Dec. 31st. Was also told that I would still get FREE voicemail and all the other features listed on
the box without Premier. I bought the old Ooma hub because I heard the old TOS would be honored. Apparently
that is true. Was very impressed with the voice quality of Ooma. Now if they can just stay in business.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:47 am

marhil wrote:Now if they can just stay in business.
I truly believe they are here for the long haul. I think they have invested too much ($ and time) not to have it work out.

tivoboy

Post by tivoboy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:27 am

seems fair, SORT OF, but legacy customers still get Voicemail for FREE which a premium service of Premier. I would imagine, it is one of the HIGHER DEMAND services, and yet, as a legacy customer I will continue to GET VM for FREE regardless of whether or not I have PREMIER. So, I think the rate should be lower for LEGACY customers going forward in perpetuity or even made cheaper than the 99$.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm

tivoboy wrote:seems fair, SORT OF, but legacy customers still get Voicemail for FREE which a premium service of Premier. I would imagine, it is one of the HIGHER DEMAND services, and yet, as a legacy customer I will continue to GET VM for FREE regardless of whether or not I have PREMIER. So, I think the rate should be lower for LEGACY customers going forward in perpetuity or even made cheaper than the 99$.
Even more important, I think that ooma should buy the walnut brownie recipe that WayneDsr's wife uses and send us legacy users a box of brownies once a week for as long as we have ooma service. :P

In reality, ooma represents a wonderful bargain in the world of VIOP. The company, although not new by some measures is still in early puberty by telco standards. Ooma has some great inovation going for it - but they are still trying to firm up a pricing model that gives great value while allowing the company to pay its bills and invest in future technology. I'm not yet a Premier user - but I will be as soon as Google Voice Extensions are available. In many ways they are pioneers so they will make some misjudgements. But I believe if we are fair with them and they are fair with us, the company will continue to offer the best VOIP experience at a very resonable cost. Of course, YMMV. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 pm

southsound wrote:I'm not yet a Premier user - but I will be as soon as Google Voice Extensions are available.
Don't you mean "...I will before December 31st so that I can secure the $99/year premier pricing in anticipation of google voice extensions..."?

That's what I am thinking anyway... :)
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)