$99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
joeed2
Re: $99 Ooma Premier extended for current Ooma Hub customers

Post by joeed2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 pm

I just pulled the trigger and ordered Premier Lifetime!

My cost = $184 Hub&Scout (Amazon Gold Box Buy in early May 2009) + $99 Annual Premier (July 2009) + $350 Lifetime Premier (Today).

Grand total of = $633

My only regret was I didn't buy the Lifetime Premier from the start. But like most people here, I didn't know that was an option back then.

$633 seems like a lot, but I was paying about $46 per month on a bare-bones AT&T landline with caller id that didn't have any of the features of Ooma.

So my break even point is 14 months, and I'm already in month 8. So 6 months from now everything is free gravy. It's also an apples and oranges comparison, because I get much more features and function from Ooma than I ever did from AT&T landline.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 pm

joeed2 wrote:I just pulled the trigger and ordered Premier Lifetime!

So my break even point is 14 months, and I'm already in month 8. So 6 months from now everything is free gravy. It's also an apples and oranges comparison, because I get much more features and function from Ooma than I ever did from AT&T landline.
In this economy, saving money is wonderful. Saving money and getting additional features, priceless! Glad to have you as a fellow Lifetime Premier member!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

joeed2

Post by joeed2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:14 pm

I've been on the fence for the last month or so about Lifetime Premier. But based on the last post by "Shing", it looks like Ooma is going to pull the Lifetime Premier as an option at the stroke of midnight new year's eve. It's also for sure that the Annual price will go up.

I figured that come January 1st, I'd be kicking myself as to why I didn't grab the Lifetime Premier while that opportunity was available. So I jumped on the offer before time ran out.

That's kind of the same thing that happened when I bought Ooma originally, I was eyeing Ooma for a couple months. When I saw the Hub/Scout pop up on an Amazon Gold Box Buy for $184, I jumped on it. That Gold Box Buy sold out in about 20 minutes.

Time is running out people... If you are thinking about Lifetime Premier, you better jump now.

Shing

Post by Shing » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Just thought I wuld add a bit more from an e mail that Gina sent to me just a bit ago. This may help some of you who are trying to decide likeI was. Hope thisn helps!!\

This email is to confirm your order placed 12/30/09
This order included our Lifetime Premier Subscription at the rate of $349.99

A Lifetime premier subscription includes access to our premier features for the lifetime of your account and/or device, and a 3 year hardware warranty.

Should you purchase a new device, we can do a transfer of your subscription as long as you have had the old device for at least 30 days.

After your 3 year warranty is up, you will have the option to extend your warranty for a rate of $39.99 per year.
If you choose not to renew your warranty, should your device break you will be responsible for purchasing a new one.

If for some reason you cancel your account, you will forfeit your premier service.

Happy new year!

Gina
Sales Support

Ooma Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
1-866-452-6662

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Nice... Thanks for sharing that communication with us...

It's pretty consistent with what I have been told as well... Except for the ability to extend warranty at $39.99/year after the 3 years is up... I didn't know about that... Good to know though!

And I am glad that there is clarity on the lifetime transfer...

Happy New Year everyone!
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Shing wrote:I hope this helps someone. If you want to talk to her Gina says you must ask for Sales. 1-866-453-6662 she said you ASK FOR GINA BY NAME!
Correction: number should be 1-866-452-6662
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

allo

Post by allo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Shing wrote:Just thought I wuld add a bit more from an e mail that Gina sent to me just a bit ago. This may help some of you who are trying to decide likeI was. Hope thisn helps!!\

This email is to confirm your order placed 12/30/09
This order included our Lifetime Premier Subscription at the rate of $349.99

A Lifetime premier subscription includes access to our premier features for the lifetime of your account and/or device, and a 3 year hardware warranty.

Should you purchase a new device, we can do a transfer of your subscription as long as you have had the old device for at least 30 days.

After your 3 year warranty is up, you will have the option to extend your warranty for a rate of $39.99 per year.
If you choose not to renew your warranty, should your device break you will be responsible for purchasing a new one.

If for some reason you cancel your account, you will forfeit your premier service.

Happy new year!

Gina
Sales Support

Ooma Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
1-866-452-6662
Gina must be one of the best CSR, because I didn't get any email when I purchased mine 2 months ago!
They should send an email to all who bought Lifetime Premier in the past with that same info... that way they will know for sure what they have... better late than never!

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Just joined the lifetime club myself. Other than the CID issue I have (name doesn't show up when I call people), Ooma has worked perfectly. I really could have asked for anything more.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle