where are voice mails stored???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
WayneDsr
Re: where are voice mails stored???

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Before you tested this by unplugging ooma were you able to leave a voicemail?
Have you set up your voicemail initially? And set a password?

Wayne

lubitcr

Post by lubitcr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:40 pm

To be honest, I have not personalized a voicemail. When it is fully connected and powered I can leave a voice mail.. Do I have to personalize it for it to work when disconnected.

Again, my concern is my IP does go down once every few weeks, and I have to reboot my router, I don't care if a person knows they can't leave a message, but do care if they think they do and I don't get it......

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

When you first setup ooma, you're supposed to listen to the ooma girl voice mail and follow the prompts to initialize your voicemail and enter a password. You don't need to set up a personal greeting.
When I first got my ooma, nearly a year ago, I didnt initialize my voicemail, and when I tried to leave one I got the "I can't hear you" response. After I did, I never received that message again.
I was thinking you may not have initialized your voicemail.

Wayne

bakers12

Post by bakers12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 am

It looks like this is still a problem. I've retreived messages from voice mail before so I know it works. But today, our power will be off most of the day, so I powered down my UPS so its alarm wouldn't be a problem.

Now calls to my Ooma phone number go straight into voice mail but only get the "I didn't hear you."

bakers12

Post by bakers12 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 am

I just called Ooma tech support and the rep had no trouble leaving me two different messages. Then I left myself a message. I think many the rep fixed something, but it's only a suspicion.