Second line Caller ID

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
RipV
Second line Caller ID

Post by RipV » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 pm

OK, I got a second line - part of the Premier offering - and typed in a second Caller ID.

If I use the "2" line to call am I going out on that second number?

Right now both the numbers show Caller ID's of my home town so I cannot experiment and find the answer to this question.

If someone calls me on the second number and I am on it will the call roll over to the first number?

I gotta be sure that the caller ID for the second number appears on the phones of some people and the caller ID for the first number appears on calls to other people.

That is why I am asking the questions. Mixups may mean mayhem!

wvtxman

Re: Second line Caller ID

Post by wvtxman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:56 pm

If you dial **0 first then the number you want to call it will show your first line number on the caller Id, if you dial **1 it will show the second line number...

rbuck

Re: Second line Caller ID

Post by rbuck » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:49 pm

..and you can dedicate the number/line to a scout device. This is what we do for Gramma (lives with us). She has her own DECT cordless system that plugs into a scout. All her outbound calls show her number/caller ID and all inbound calls to her number only ring the DECT phone system plugged into her Scout. Works slick!