Call Waiting Problems

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
pmensonides
Call Waiting Problems

Post by pmensonides » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 am

I just recently installed my ooma. I currently have the ooma+landline setup while my current phone number is being ported over, at which point it will be only VoIP with no landline.

In my current setup, only a fax machine is connected to the hub, while my main phone is connected to a scout. I currently have all the features of ooma Premier, including the virtual second line, as part of the 60-day complimentary package.

When the call waiting signal come in while I'm on a call, I push the flash button on my phone to switch over. But rather than connecting the second call, I only get the ooma dial tone. If I hit the flash button again, it takes me back to the original call, as it should. But I have not been able to switch over to the second call.

Is it possible that the virtual second line is causing the problem. Or could I be doing something else wrong?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Call Waiting Problems

Post by Dennis P » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm guessing your second call is coming in as a call-waiting on your landline. Yes, the ooma system is "intercepting" the flash to switch you over to the second ooma line. We can configure it to do a "pass-through" of the flash so that you can answer the call-waiting on the landline. This would mean that you'd have to press the line 2 key on the Hub/Scout to switch to the second ooma line.

pmensonides

Post by pmensonides » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:35 pm

So when my landline number gets ported over to ooma and I discontinue my landline service, this problem should stop, correct?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:41 pm

Correct. In the meantime, we'll configure your box to "pass-through" the flash to the landline so you can answer the call-waiting. That should be done by the end of the day.

sdelrosa

Post by sdelrosa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Dennis P wrote:I'm guessing your second call is coming in as a call-waiting on your landline. Yes, the ooma system is "intercepting" the flash to switch you over to the second ooma line. We can configure it to do a "pass-through" of the flash so that you can answer the call-waiting on the landline. This would mean that you'd have to press the line 2 key on the Hub/Scout to switch to the second ooma line.
I am also having this problem. Can you have the "pass-through" enabled on my hub and scout as well?

Thank You

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 am

Yes, your update should be complete tomorrow.

sdelrosa

Post by sdelrosa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am

Dennis P wrote:Yes, your update should be complete tomorrow.

Hi Dennis,

The pass-through for the call waiting is still not working. If you could please expedite this, we would appreciate it.

Also, we were told on Friday that we would receive an e-mail to get the porting started. Haven't got that either. Please help! Thank you!