What is up with ooma support?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
wildfirefighter72
What is up with ooma support?

Post by wildfirefighter72 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Just a gripe... I have called dozens of times over the last 2 weeks to get the yearly premier package and have my number ported but it seens they do not like to pick up the phone! Sit on hold for over 20 minutes and get transfered to voicemail. I am having flashbacks of the Sunrocket days!

Anyone else having this problem?

scoutconnor

Re: What is up with ooma support?

Post by scoutconnor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:59 pm

call between 11am and 2pm eastern time

superdlux

Post by superdlux » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:05 pm

yeah, this definitely has me worried. and I always seem to get one of two guys all the time, and wait times are forever. scary scary customer 'service'.

wildfirefighter72

Post by wildfirefighter72 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Done it all through those times... I have been reading the forum and it seems there are a bunch of people with the same problem! Besides it should not matter what time I call during their business hours, there needs to be better service or they will loose customers. That is the bottom line.

I paid a crap load of money and it deserves better support. Is the company about to go under? That is the first thing that comes to mind when I have called so many times and gotten the same results. If not might be good idea to add a few more folks to their customer support staff.

sdelrosa

Post by sdelrosa » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

scoutconnor wrote:call between 11am and 2pm eastern time
+1 on calling between 11am-2pm EST. A called today and actually got a live person after 5 minutes on hold (getting better but still room for improvement). Tech support got everyhting squared away.

Once you do finally get through to support, seems the support staff really know there stuff though.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 pm

also wait times could be longer due to the holiday season and they may be bought as gifts (and while they are out they go " why don't I get one for myself too...") which puts a load on the CSR's I got mine last month and there were almost no wait times up until about a week ago so it must just be the time of year.

superdlux

Post by superdlux » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:16 pm

wait times get longer and longer. I've been put into voicemail twice and not gotten a call back. I really like ooma and think it's a great device, but the lack of phone support for a communications company is ridiculous to the point of insanity. Very hard to recommend ooma to people when you have to add "but their customer support leaves a lot to be desired.

I think the holiday/more users thing is a pathetic excuse. Ramp it up or you will lose people. it's really business 101.

jmeik

Post by jmeik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 pm

I am dealing with the exact same issues. I have called 4 times, each time I am on hold for exactly 22 minutes and then forwarded to a VM. I have left messages and have never got a response! I like the system but am VERY frustrated with the customer service. I will try calling between 11-2 eastern and see if I can actually get someone on the phone. Nice to know others are having the same issues!

sniemeyer

Post by sniemeyer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:01 am

Same problem for me...

Have been on hold, and sent e-mails - no response. I hope that this is going to be fixed, maybe 24.95 a month with a competitor gets you some sort of service...

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 pm

It was the same for me when I first got ooma back in July. I was on hold for more that 90 minutes before I gave up.