What is up with ooma support?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Tatundra
Re: What is up with ooma support?

Post by Tatundra » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 am

Received my Ooma yesterday from Amazon.com and have been trying to reach a CSR since last night to port my number. The lack of customer support is disheartening. I WANT to believe in Ooma, and I WANT Ooma to succeed and be around for many years to come, but the lack of customer support has me....concerned. It would be fantastic if an actual Ooma employee responded to this thread to let us know what the heck is going on!

scots

Post by scots » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 am

An ooma employee did respond on the customer support situation in a different message thread on the same subject. It can be found here:

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=409

Tatundra

Post by Tatundra » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am

Excellent Scot, thank you for that link, it's very comforting to know that us customers have not been abandoned and/or forgotten.

To update my situation, shortly after posting my original message I got through to someone at Ooma support. I concur with previous statements that support was very helpful once you actually talk to them. Also, the person that I spoke to had zero accent, which suggests to me that (unlike nearly everyone else nowadays) Ooma is not "outsourcing" their support to any foreign (read: non-USA) countries. The only reason I say that is because 99% of the time when I've dealt with "outsourced" support I've ended up talking to someone that doesn't know what that are doing, is simply reading off of a flow chart, and does not listen to you no matter how many times you repeat the same statement.

So long story short I'm happy to hear that Ooma acknowledge the problem, owned their crap/mistakes, and are taking steps to improve the situation.

trigler

Post by trigler » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:14 am

I called on Thursday and after 20 minutes, got voicemail. I tried again yesterday, Saturday, and after five minutes got an answer. I was connected to a woman who was most helpful, took care of all my needs and even gave me information about what to do after my number was ported. It may take a while to connect, but the personnel are very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant...