What is up with ooma support?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jkb
Re: What is up with ooma support?

Post by jkb » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:22 am

For those of you who had this problem in the last few days; it may do well to consider that a greater number of Ooma devices were set up after Christmas then are during 'normal' times. A similar situation occurs when trying to get a cab at smaller airports when several flights arrive in a abnormally compressed time period. Also, the wait times referenced are average when compared to those I have come to expect from Vonage over the last 6 or 7 years.

superdlux

Post by superdlux » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:04 pm

As stated previously by more than one person, it started happening well before the holidays. and the holidays are no excuse for leaving messages and sending emails and never hearing back from anybody. I laugh when I think about ooma's customer service. it is anything but. Very sad because it's a great system, but companies live and die by customer satisfaction, opinion, and recommendations.

I'm going to ride the ooma train until they go out of business. I hate to say that, and I would love to be wrong, but no company can stay in business if if customers can't get responses to tech support questions. or about porting their number or any other question that would not only prevent customers to be able to use their service, but would prevent people from recommending it to friends and co-workers. It's not like ooma is puting money into advertising, so they need positive word-of-mouth in order to grow, become/stay profitable.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I don't need any tech support, and that they are still around for the next few months, so my initial fees are covered by my cutting the Verizon savings. Then it's gravy.

too bad really.

Making excuses for bad (or non-existent) service is not how to fix the problem, fixing the problem is how you fix the problem.

plasmo

Post by plasmo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:57 pm

just to chime in on my CS experience so far... I called this morning at 10am PST (on SUNDAY) and got a CS rep after only a 5 min. hold... I thought that was pretty good, compared to some of the other peoples experiences...

lszyjka

Post by lszyjka » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:05 pm

I don't know how you got though on Sunday. I have called on Saturday and Sunday, both days and got a message "Sorry you have reached us outside of our working hours, please leave a message or contact Support between M - F 8:00 - 6:00 or Sat, Sun". i was just thinking they must be closed this weekend becuase of the holiday vacation, i guess if you got through they must be screening call or something :(

I'll be calling them tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

lszyjka

Post by lszyjka » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:22 am

Third time a charm - I called support about my issue today around 1:15 EST PM. Got the Voice mail after 23 min on hold twice. Third time after 15 min - got a Customer Service person - to my surprise, knowledgeable person about my issue. Will pass along to engineers - we will see how long it will take to resolve.
So far so good, long time to get through but as long as the issue gets resolved - i guess i would be ok, until next time LOL :)

kagy

Post by kagy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 am

ditto to the above with problems! New customer. Two days trying to reach support! This after their own instructions direct you to call after installation! May take this unit back to Costco for a refund if this is par for their customer service. Is not worth it!
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

lszyjka

Post by lszyjka » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Update: Issue with busy fast signal when calling local number, resolved same day as speaking with Support. Very pleased with the time frame it took them to resolve the issue.
Not so happy with time it took to reach them but will have to live with that.

AZbrian

Post by AZbrian » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:54 pm

I want to get in on this complaint as well. I have tried to contact them twice. Both times was on hold for more than 15 minutes. I actually got in touch with somebody the second time, but that is only because I put the phone on speaker and set it down while I watched TV.
All that I wanted to do was purchase a service from them, because their internet service said I had to call for that service.
I will NOT be purchasing the ooma Premier service solely on their lack of customer care. It is not that hard to find people who can work from home and take customer service calls, this would keep their costs down while keeping customer service up.

klhavlik

Post by klhavlik » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:08 pm

Yep, same here. I did figure that it was either holiday traffic/fewer CSRs or the fact that Amazon is heavily advertising ooma. Once you get through, though, they are very knowledgeable and courteous, unlike many/most other customer supports from various companies.

I think that they are trying to understand their business model. Hopefully, they will be making some major adjustments shortly.

rbuck

Post by rbuck » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Same here, can't get through.. Bought the system today and I've tried 3 different times today, takes 20 seconds to navigate through the voice prompt menuing, then sit on hold, listen to annoying piano music, continue to hold, listen to annoying piano music (with volume going from muffled soft to blaring loud, what gives with that?) anyway, finally my call is dumped.

Edit Jan 6th: Got through right away this morning, on two separate calls. I'm happy and all is good. Guess I was just having bad luck yesterday.