Telemarketers

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Acxpert
Telemarketers

Post by Acxpert » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Has anyone noticed an increase in the number of telemarketers calling after your number is ported? I noticed a bunch of calls on my log and traced them back to at&t telemarketers trying to get me back. My number is on the no call list, but I guess since I did business with them I am fair game.....

skellener

Re: Telemarketers

Post by skellener » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:59 am

Just call them and tell them to stop since you know who they are. Let them know if they call you again, they will be fined.

Q&A: The National Do Not Call Registry
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consume ... lt107.shtm
My number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. After I bought something from a company, a telemarketer representing that organization called me. Is this a violation?

No. By purchasing something from the company, you established a business relationship with the company. As a result, even if you put your number on the National Do Not Call Registry, that company may call you for up to 18 months after your last purchase or delivery from it, or your last payment to it, unless you ask the company not to call again. In that case, the company must honor your request not to call. If they subsequently call you again, they may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.