Porting Calls

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jmeik
Porting Calls

Post by jmeik » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 pm

I just set up my ooma and the blue light is on and I am recieving calls. When I set it up I chose to port my Qwest phone # over to ooma. By doing this the manual said I would need to call into customer service. I have tried to call in now for the past 3 days and can't get anyone to pick up the phone. I don't want to cancel my Qwest line until I am sure that the # is being ported over to ooma.
Also, when I unhook my phone line that is plugged into the back of the ooma Hub in the slot for the "wall". The light on my ooma goes from blue to red. However when I disconnect my ethernet from the ooma the light stays blue? I thought that ooma was only used through my ethernet? Does this have something to do with the porting question I have? Do I need to have the wall phone line connected until ooma has ported my #? Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!!

jmeik

Re: Porting Calls

Post by jmeik » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:08 am

I talked to someone at ooma, and was able to get my questions answered. Once you actually can get ahold of someone they are very helpful and professional. I called around 1:00 eastern time and got through after about 5 minutes of waiting.
For whoever is interested. Once you get ahold of ooma they send you a contract to have the # ported over. It takes 3-4 weeks to have it ported so don't disconnect your land line until you are sure the # has been ported!