My WEBSERVER no longer works after installing ooma!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
plasmo
My WEBSERVER no longer works after installing ooma!

Post by plasmo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:40 pm

I run a (software) webserver from my home computer.
Now that I have ooma installed, going to my IP address goes to "ooma Setup" menu....

...does anyone know how to fix this, or direct me to information in how to block others from accessing this? THANKS

mystore8

Re: My WEBSERVER no longer works after installing ooma!

Post by mystore8 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Hello!
I had the same problem, and I called my the Internet service and they came and fix the problem for me. I'm not an expert on computers therefore It is easy to mess up the server installing other equipments.
I had to pay $19.00 for them to fix it and It was worth it. My server works and It is weird but my website run faster.

Check with your internet service, or cable.

GOOD LUCK

plasmo

Post by plasmo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:43 pm

After reading many of the threads, the solution to this problem was to add my new IP address assigned to my router (found in router settings)
and add this IP address (eg. DMZ Address:172.27.35.35) to the DMZ address in ooma Setup Advanced menu. That's it....

... no swapping router or ooma box needed as was suggested by some people
(so the setup stays with
Internet --> Cable modem --> Ooma --> Router --> Computer )

binder1000

Post by binder1000 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 am

Plasmo,

I tried setting the Router address in the DMZ of OOma but still cannot get to my websites. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Also, my router is getting a address that is not in the dhcp range, so I'm not sure how its getting this IP.

I also tried setting it to the WAN address and Default gateway listed in the router under ooma's DMZ, does not seem to work.

Binder1000

A473497

Post by A473497 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi.
I have an HP Mediasmart Server and 2 webcams that worked fine until I connected my Ooma.

I went to my router, did a release IP and Renew and it's new IP address is 172.27.35.40 and new Gateway is 172.27.35.1

172.27.35.1 is my Ooma. I went to that address and into the Advanced settings and entered the 172.27.35.40 into the DMZ field.

No change. My Mediasmart server and webcams still only work on my LAN and are not accessible on the internet.

The addresses on these devices are still coming from DHCP on my router, which is still enabled (since that's the way it worked before the Ooma was added between it and my cable modem) of 192.168.1.247 and 192.168.1.248 for my cameras and 192.168.1.111 for my Mediasmart server.

Any ideas on what else I have to tweak to gain access again? Do I have to disable DHCP on my router and try to figure out how to set the single port forwarding on the Ooma if it now has to function as my DHCP server?

I dread the thought of calling Ooma support because they are only going to care if the Ooma works, not how badly it messes up the rest of my network. :(