Ooma v/s TK6000 ( Net talk)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rakesh15
Re: Ooma v/s TK6000 ( Net talk)

Post by rakesh15 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:48 am

Reallly interesting discussion here.
Seems voice Qlty must be better than magic jack as most agree to that.

http://www.magicjacksupport.com/anyone- ... 43-45.html

http://forum.nettalk.com/viewtopic.php? ... p=435#p435

----------

rakesh15

Post by rakesh15 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:28 am

After reading all opinions, I am of the opinion that TK6000 is better than magic jack, however not sure yet how far better or not than ooma, as per voice quality.

I have ordered TK6000.

rakesh15

Post by rakesh15 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:44 am

I think ooma and TK6000 has got equal comeptition , neck to neck.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:29 am

rakesh15 wrote:After reading all opinions, I am of the opinion that TK6000 is better than magic jack, however not sure yet how far better or not than ooma, as per voice quality.

I have ordered TK6000.
I'm really surprised that they didn't give you one free when you joined the company! Actually, I am not sure if you are an actual employee or just someone who has a vested interest in it, but don't tell me that you are just a curious person investigating other VOIP devices and have chosen us to be benefactors of your wonderful research. It has been obvious from your first post that your main interest is to promote the competitive device. I also have no doubt that you also own an ooma hub or Telo - probably so your company can check out the competition and you can post here. But your ownership status is not as important as your incessent desire to keep your favorite device on the front page of the ooma forum. Please take your comments back to the forum that is run by your company. JMHO and no, I don't work for ooma. I'm just a very satisfied customer who has a problem with trolls.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

rakesh15

Post by rakesh15 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:56 pm

<<<I'm really surprised that they didn't give you one free when you joined the company! Actually, I am not sure if you are an actual employee or just someone who has a vested interest in it, but don't tell me that you are just a curious person investigating other VOIP devices and have chosen us to be benefactors of your wonderful research. It has been obvious from your first post that your main interest is to promote the competitive device. I also have no doubt that you also own an ooma hub or Telo - probably so your company can check out the competition and you can post here. But your ownership status is not as important as your incessent desire to keep your favorite device on the front page of the ooma forum. Please take your comments back to the forum that is run by your company. JMHO and no, I don't work for ooma. I'm just a very satisfied
customer who has a problem with trolls.>>

^^

Sorry to say, but I can’t admire your guts.

False judgement one after the other, with no sense of thoughtful sense in it !!

<I'm really surprised that they didn't give you one free when you joined the company!>
Your own statement is contradictory. So either I did not join the company, or they must have give it for free, otherwise !

<<Actually, I am not sure if you are an actual employee or just someone who has a vested interest in it >>>

I am assure of it, that you can not be sure of it !

<<but don't tell me that you are just a curious person investigating other VOIP devices and have chosen us to be benefactors of your wonderful research>>

Sorry fact is , that’s the only thing I can tell you and….. Yess, emphatically and over and over !

<<<It has been obvious from your first post that your main interest is to promote the competitive device>>

Which one? Ooma or TK6000?

If ooma, then either my first post could not be in existence on this thread.

And if TK6000, then I should not had suggested 20+ web search to compare and buy ooma at beating lowest possible price !
If TK6000, then I should had promoted ooma ( as per your sense ) on TK6000 web site !
( See my last post here on this link of TK6000 thread , and also notice the time and date of that post, which is before your post )
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r227736 ... alk-tk6000
see page 6, my nick mike100

So, pl. decide and then tell me, which product I am promoting and who did not give me free one! It’s tricky, No ?

<< I also have no doubt that you also own an ooma hub or Telo - probably so your company can check out the competition and you can post here >>

Could you pl. also post same note, under my post on above DSL report site too, with the words, ooma and TK6000 interchanged? Them your statement will rather look balanced on both web pages, No?

<< But your ownership status is not as important as your incessent desire to keep your favorite device on the front page of the ooma forum. Please take your comments back to the forum that is run by your company .>>

Pl. Change the word from ooma to TK6000, if you wanna post same line on that other forum, in response to my post there.

< JMHO and no, I don't work for ooma. I'm just a very satisfied
customer who has a problem with trolls. >

And, I am an employee of TK6000 and OOma who sings the praise songs on TK6000 on ooma forum and sings the praise song of ooma on that dslreport TK6000’s forum, and also intermediately, introduce other 15+ another alternative VOIP products and their pros/cons so that eventually all 20 VOIP companies give me their free product , for canvassing and promoting their product, as I am an employee of all companies and also have vested interest as I own stocks of all.

Superb ! Man , I salute your detective ship and grand judgement skills. Thx for making my day, today !

Pal, the sorry fact is, Yr a hardcore ooma employee and can not take any introduction of competitive products in terms of pros and cons comparison. Gotch’ Ya !!

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:11 pm

To be sure, southsound is exactly who he says he is, a satisfied Ooma customer - nothing more. Except I'll add that in addition to who he claims to be, he is a very knowledgeable Ooma user who helps numerous other Ooma users get the most from their Ooma products, and that is what this forum exists for - for Ooma users to help each other on the use of Ooma products, aided by contributions by Ooma employees (who are all Mods here). While other forums like dslreports are great places for comparing the pros and cons of various VoIP products, that's not what this forum is for. The last four posts you made prior to southsound's comment were all replies to yourself extolling the virtues of other products, and that is fine for a general forum, but again not the purpose of an Ooma support forum - so bottom line is, take it somewhere else.

rakesh15

Post by rakesh15 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Did anyone get a cchance to compare the voice quality of TK6000 v/s ooma?

Any suggestions?

Thx.

MWPollard

Post by MWPollard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 pm

The issue of the annual fee is "a bit of both". They currently offer free service for life. They plan to go to free for three years and a fee after that, but they haven't yet, and as such haven't announced what the annual fee will be -- any rates you find online may not be final.

Like Ooma, NetTalk offers fax-quality sound. Like MagicJack, the NetTalk can plug into your computer for an Internet and power source. Like Ooma, you have to use a phone connected to the phone jack on the device, not software installed on the computer, which greatly impacts portability.

NetTalk will email you your voicemail messages, which with Ooma is supposed to require Premier. (I don't have Premier, but Ooma let me select to email my messages anyway - might have been a temporary bug that let me select it...)
NetTalk offers three-way calling, which with Ooma requires Premier.
The NetTalk device is much smaller, making it more portable for travel use (except that it still needs a wired phone).

Ooma allows a user to connect the device as a QoS, Quality of Service, router. NetTalk does not do that.
Ooma offers "Broadband Answering Machine", with physical buttons for the features; you don't have to call in or go online unless you want to.
Ooma offers second-line features.
Ooma offers second-phone option (Scout). The only way to do that with NetTalk is to get a multi-handset cordless phone (like Telo).

The biggest matter for now: From what I read on the matter, it seems NetTalk currently has hardware issues. Device failures seem common. The unit doesn't put out full power on the phone line, which causes some phones not to work (some users have crafted DIY solutions). These are normal new-company and new-device issues. Even if you like the idea of NetTalk, you might want to wait until they iron out the problems.

allo

Post by allo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm

rakesh15 wrote:I think ooma and TK6000 has got equal comeptition , neck to neck.
NOT quite... no comparison ..no neck and neck nonsense...
1- NetTK is on the verge of collapse... due to financing difficulties!
2- They only have less than 11 employees total...including "management"... how can they compete with ooma, when they can't even compete with "MagicClack".
3- They don't even have phone numbers in every area code!
4- Serious major issues with the sound quality such as "stutter/garble...

I will stop there!

Potts

Post by Potts » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm

southsound wrote:
rakesh15 wrote:After reading all opinions, I am of the opinion that TK6000 is better than magic jack, however not sure yet how far better or not than ooma, as per voice quality.

I have ordered TK6000.
I'm really surprised that they didn't give you one free when you joined the company! Actually, I am not sure if you are an actual employee or just someone who has a vested interest in it, but don't tell me that you are just a curious person investigating other VOIP devices and have chosen us to be benefactors of your wonderful research. It has been obvious from your first post that your main interest is to promote the competitive device. I also have no doubt that you also own an ooma hub or Telo - probably so your company can check out the competition and you can post here. But your ownership status is not as important as your incessent desire to keep your favorite device on the front page of the ooma forum. Please take your comments back to the forum that is run by your company. JMHO and no, I don't work for ooma. I'm just a very satisfied customer who has a problem with trolls.
I could add a few thoughts of my own. But I think southsounds posting sums it all up quite nicely.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.