Ooma v/s TK6000 ( Net talk)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Potts
Re: Ooma v/s TK6000 ( Net talk)

Post by Potts » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

The troll "rakesh15" is down.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.

rakesh15

Post by rakesh15 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Here is the message that member Potts, sent to me privately, at my e-mail address.
( Why hiding ? Why secret, what and from whom ? )

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello rakesh15,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by Potts via your account on "Ooma
Forums". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you
find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following
address:

info@ooma.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of Potts.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad you bought Ooma just so you could post on the Ooma forum. Do you
think other members of TK6000 could do the same. I can send you and your
members $50.00 discount. and this is a deal.

Your just one sick mafa that can do the talk and can't do the walk. Just a
young kid wanting a make a fast buck.

Daddy can you help me. I just want to Fuc- people

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 am

Potts wrote:The troll "rakesh15" is down.
Wow! What's this all about? C'mon you guys. Just because rakesh15 is curious about another VOIP carrier doesn't make him a troll on this forum. I see no harm whatsoever with comparing Ooma to any other VOIP service, particularly since I am o of the opinion that it stands well above most and either meets or beats the better known products. But, let's face it, Ooma isn't for everyone; e.g., what some view as advanced features that they want, others might consider as overly complex. As far as price is concerned, there are less expensive systems, and for some people, that is the only concern.

I already had a couple MagicJack lines, and two T-Mobile at home lines when I started looking at other alternatives. We all know the MagicJack's limitations, but my T-Mobile lines have always worked just fine. It was my curiosity that led me to Ooma after researching several other providers. Now, as most forum members know, I am an avid supporter of Ooma... so much so that I have been accused of being an Ooma employee (not that I would necessarily consider that to be a bad thing, but it just is not true... not even an investor) by those touting the virtues of some other provider.

Having said all that, and trying to look at all this BS objectively, I think it is a bit unfair to be condemning rakesh15 as a troll sent here by another provider. I have reviewed all of his posts (all 25 as of today in more than five months since he joined). There are only three topics: this one, a short thread comparing Telo to a Hub/Scout, and one offering a list of vendors offering good prices on Ooma (which seems to have been appreciated by most). There is nothing in any of his posts that would lead me to conclude that he is attempting to undermine Ooma. Even if he were to buy the TK6000, and ultimately determined that it works better for him, that's o.k. too. (Not that I really think that will happen, but who knows...)

So, let's lighten up a little bit... take the information for what you think it is worth, but try to maintain the higher level that this forum has traditionally enjoyed.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

MWPollard

Post by MWPollard » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:23 am

Same opinion here. I myself posted some comparisons with NetTalk, with some points for the NetTalk device. I may have posted some favorable aspects of MagicJack - I don't remember.

But I only own an Ooma device. I like comparisons. I have found that they, for the most part, support my decision to select Ooma. But that is, in large part, due to my situation. Everyone's situation is different.

And I like competition. It encourages everyone to improve, and ensures that the next generation product, by whichever company produces it, will be better than what we have now. And that means that all companies will tend to improve over time.

That benefits everyone. Ooma customers and otherwise.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am

I see NetTalk is still in business. Anyone have any recent information or comparisons?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:22 pm

roadshow wrote:I see NetTalk is still in business. Anyone have any recent information or comparisons?
Just like Magic Jack, they can't do number porting as of yet. Unless that happens, don't think they'd be a viable home phone replacement solution for many folks.

Look here for netTALK's version of the comparison: http://www.nettalk.com/competition

Here is how Dan of Magic Jack feels about netTALK....funny: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7758&start=60#p55520

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Interesting response from "Dan". I know plenty of MagicJack customers with call quality issues too. I am glad I have OOMA. So far, it has been an excellent alternative to my Time Warner Digital Phone. Not better, but just as good. I also have an extra $45 a month to spend on Woot and Yugster. I love a good bargain!

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Check out this forum over at FW http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/953008/ some interesting stuff. I am going to get the Net Talk service to compare, I have used countless VOIP providers and to be honest, Ooma Service has been horrible as of late. With regard to some of the criticism vented at the original poster I think that some of you do not remember that its competition that will either force ooma to improve/maintain their service level agreements with their customers or force them out of business. I personally do not care what the name of my VOIP is only that they deliver a reliable product/service, and at times, this has been lacking…just read through the forums for documented proof.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Lilly's_Closet wrote:I am going to get the Net Talk service to compare.
Please do let us know your findings.
Lilly's_Closet wrote:I have used countless VOIP providers and to be honest, Ooma Service has been horrible as of late.
I (along with many firends/family on the west coast) haven't noticed any degradation in Ooma service. We were only impacted by the recent "incoming call" outage that lasted less than a day. Hence, "horrible" may be a bit too strong unless you were impacted by most incidents/issues reported on this forum.
Lilly's_Closet wrote:I personally do not care what the name of my VOIP is only that they deliver a reliable product/service, and at times, this has been lacking…just read through the forums for documented proof.
This forum is for folks to report issues and seek help. Of course you are going to see issues reported here. This doesn't mean that Ooma is "horrible." On the contrary, this forum makes Ooma great! I think the best part about Ooma is that I don't have to worry whether I sound like Max Headroom while saving oodles of money.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm

lbmofo wrote:
Lilly's_Closet wrote:I am going to get the Net Talk service to compare.
Please do let us know your findings.

Absolutely, its similar forums that brought me here ooma but originally, when they using their users as termination points it was not well respected in the community. A lot of things have changed since then, the service when operating as advertised (a replacement to your phone service) is incredible.

However, I have 14 ooma core units deployed across the US and 13 of those 14 units have experienced the issues listed below. That last one located in CA has only experienced the 1-800 routing issue.

I try to only put out good information check my postings. Just don’t be mad at me if this new provider provides a more reliable product. Remember that while your oooma works wonderful. Your located at one place your probably only using one of their servers based on your location and your calls terminate using mostly the same resources. I have a better picture because I am in 14 states all a using High Speed ISP. I not mad at Ooom I just need a solution.

Lilly's_Closet wrote:I have used countless VOIP providers and to be honest, Ooma Service has been horrible as of late.
I (along with many firends/family on the west coast) haven't noticed any degradation in Ooma service. We were only impacted by the recent "incoming call" outage that lasted less than a day. Hence, "horrible" may be a bit too strong unless you were impacted by most incidents/issues reported on this forum.

Current recurrant issues all documented in the fourm.

Intermittent failure to connect to local numbers.
Intermittent failure to connect to vontage numbers.
Intermittent failure to connect to Verizon cell numbers.
Intermittent Garbled and or echoing voice quality.
Intermittent slowness on the ooma web interface.

Poor Tech Support.

Poor communication for known issues, come on I am not going to follow you on twitter or friend you on facebook…you are a vender who provides a service not my friend. Please don’t ask, me to do your advertising for you, I will based on your good deeds not so I can find out when Ooma is not working.

Lilly's_Closet wrote:I personally do not care what the name of my VOIP is only that they deliver a reliable product/service, and at times, this has been lacking…just read through the forums for documented proof.
This forum is for folks to report issues and seek help. Of course you are going to see issues reported here. This doesn't mean that Ooma is "horrible." On the contrary, this forum makes Ooma great! I think the best part about Ooma is that I don't have to worry whether I sound like Max Headroom while saving oodles of money.
If Ooma is not challenged in this forum as it and other VOIPs are in other fourms what really is the value here. I love it…when it works it works well but I am in it for a lot of money so it there is a better solution I want to know about it…and as importantly I want ooma to know about it. One of the keys to success in business is…Don’t be afraid of the competition be better then them…
Last edited by Lilly's_Closet on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.