AT&T bay area - what service level recommended ?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
joeandtricia
AT&T bay area - what service level recommended ?

Post by joeandtricia » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:20 am

What should I tell AT&T in the bay area as my level of service?

I need to keep my landline for my Tivo. And if I'm going to do that might as well use the local flat rate service.

However in the bay area AT&T also offers a Metro plan (unlimited ZUM3). I'd rather not pay for more than I need but what will OOMA route over that line in the bay area ?

Services links:
https://swot.sbc.com/swot/lsCatalog.do? ... sicService

I searched the forum before posting but didn't see this covered.

Joe

scoutconnor

Re: AT&T bay area - what service level recommended ?

Post by scoutconnor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:49 am

all you need is unlimited service to your area code NOT your local calling area for example, if your area code is 123, but your provider only includes 123-456-xxxx and 123-567-xxxx as your local area you will get charged for calls to 123-678-xxxx etc. because ooma uses area codes as the local area so your plan would need to include all of area code 123. So just choose the plan that includes all of your area code as well as at least one feature because ooma needs CFB to work

joeandtricia

Post by joeandtricia » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:01 pm

scoutconnor wrote:...ooma uses area codes as the local area so your plan would need to include all of area code 123. So just choose the plan that includes all of your area code as well as at least one feature because ooma needs CFB to work

Great thanks.Exactly what i needed to know.

I'm in the 650 and to make sure I get all 650 needed to enable "unlimited zone3 calling" for a charge of $3.50 per month.

There was some confusion on CFB - AT&T calls it BCF.
I wasn't sure I needed this so opted to skip it for now.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:53 pm

ooma can, and will (with your permission) provision your line for you once you choose to allow them so don't worry about CFB right now.