OUTGOING CALLER ID SAYS "OOMA, INC.???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
wase4711
OUTGOING CALLER ID SAYS "OOMA, INC.???

Post by wase4711 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:21 am

So, I just called a few people,and they all commented that my caller id now says, "ooma, inc", insted of my name..
Is this something normal that happens when you have only had the service for a week or so, or is something wrong?

thanks!

scots

Re: OUTGOING CALLER ID SAYS "OOMA, INC.???

Post by scots » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 am

I believe it was mentioned elsewhere on here that it can take up to two weeks before the proper caller ID info starts showing up. Ooma updates the caller ID name that's associated with the number, and then it can take up to two weeks for that updated info to get into all the various caller ID databases around the country.

wase4711

Post by wase4711 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 am

thanks, scots; I read that too, except, I think my proper caller id was showing up initially, at least I believe it was,and now this change has happenned..
maybe its part of the database update for that to occur?

I am going to risk calling their customer service line and see what they say, assuming someone answers!

joeandtricia

Post by joeandtricia » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 pm

I've been told this same thing today and in prior calls it used to come up with my name ( and in the lounge it shows my name by my main number).

I've emailed ooma support and will wait to see what they have to say.

Joe