Firefox web browser

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
kagy
Firefox web browser

Post by kagy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the Firefox web browser on Ooma? I'm not sure it's 100% compatible. For instance, I can't make changes to my account setting on all the pages in the lounge.

Feb. 2 update: All's good now. Mea Culpa - you know, "garbage in, garbage out!"

Thanks for everyone's help.
Last edited by kagy on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

Bobbolo

Re: Firefox web browser

Post by Bobbolo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm using Firefox exclusively and have had no problems. Everything seems to work great!

joeandtricia

Post by joeandtricia » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:38 pm

I've tried Firefox 3.0, Safari, Opera and MSIE 6.
All work fine.

In Firefox, I only have a few extensions enabled and greasemonkey is turned off.

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm not having any trouble, either with Ooma, but on quite a few sites I frequent (Amazon, Costco, to name two) "add to cart" will not appear for me with Firefox regardless of version or update. I need to use IE. Maddening and no one's ever been able to explain it. On other sites, no difficulties, but on the problem sites it's ALWAYS a problem. It doesn't come and go.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:25 pm

hwgang wrote:I'm not having any trouble, either with Ooma, but on quite a few sites I frequent (Amazon, Costco, to name two) "add to cart" will not appear for me with Firefox regardless of version or update. I need to use IE. Maddening and no one's ever been able to explain it. On other sites, no difficulties, but on the problem sites it's ALWAYS a problem. It doesn't come and go.
Are you certain that you are not using any FF Add Ons which might interfere with these sites? For example, NoScript will block Java scripts from functioning. You have to tell FF which sites are allowed to use Java scripts (that's its job, to act like a script firewall). What you describe sounds like some restrictions are in force.
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

number9

Post by number9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 am

No problem here. Ooma home page loads a little slower than other pages, but everything is fine.
Plays PRS guitars

macblack

Post by macblack » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:22 pm

hwgang wrote:I'm not having any trouble, either with Ooma, but on quite a few sites I frequent (Amazon, Costco, to name two) "add to cart" will not appear for me with Firefox regardless of version or update. I need to use IE. Maddening and no one's ever been able to explain it. On other sites, no difficulties, but on the problem sites it's ALWAYS a problem. It doesn't come and go.

You need to install the IE tab extension available in mozilla add ons. Some sites like Netflix will not work in Firefox and the tab extension makes that work.
If you have the All in one side bar for FF just click on the display extensions and themes icon and then click on get add ons to find the IE tab extension.
Otherwise just google Mozilla add ons to find it.
Macintosh OS X 10.7.3
Hub/Scout/Premier-Telo

inrame

Post by inrame » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 pm

the only problem i have noticed is on the voice mail box log (although i'm not sure it is firefox). sometimes i will log in and every voice mail i have will be duplicated over and over. for example, if i have 3 saved messages the 3 messages will be repeated over and over and over. if i press refresh the problem goes away and it doesn't always appear this way (only occassionally).

macblack

Post by macblack » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

inrame ,it doesn't sound like your having the same problem as hwgang since your refresh button seems to correct your temporary problem that come and goes.
    I would think that it's a glitch in Ooma's server not your browser.
    Macintosh OS X 10.7.3
    Hub/Scout/Premier-Telo

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm

macblack wrote: You need to install the IE tab extension available in mozilla add ons. Some sites like Netflix will not work in Firefox and the tab extension makes that work.
      THANK YOU, macblack! While others insist I should never have the problem I do continue to have it.

This is the first unintrusive solution I've found. It works brilliantly. I wasn't following this thread, but I am so glad I circled back around and read this. You made my day.