How to permanently disable call waiting tone?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
gadgetnut
How to permanently disable call waiting tone?

Post by gadgetnut » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 am

With ooma Premier enhanced call waiting, when I'm already in a call and another incoming call arrives, the phones connected to ooma Scout ring... which is all the "notice" I care to receive.

I would prefer to not have the disruption of a call waiting tone on my original call. (Question, does the party on the other end of the first conversation hear anything during the call waiting tones?)

I read in the ooma user guide that if you dial *70 before the outgoing call, FOR THAT CALL ONLY, call waiting tone won't intrude but phones connected to Scout will ring.

Is there any user control panel preference or ooma administrative setting change that can eliminate call waiting tones permanently?

hwgang

Re: How to permanently disable call waiting tone?

Post by hwgang » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 pm

I had this same issue and was told that support needs to disconnect it on their end. Of course, it disconnects call waiting, too, which is what I wanted. I hate call waiting 99% of the time.

However, I was also told that user-controlled call waiting is coming soon.

I've never encountered any phone service that gives you call waiting without the tone. Maybe I've led a sheltered life? LOL!