I'm Upset

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
BobB
Re: I'm Upset

Post by BobB » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Well, I've cooled down,thought about it, and faxed in the paper work to continue on with my port. I hope it will go smoother this time. I'm looking forward to getting phones switched to Ooma.

From my experence and what I read here Ooma is lacking in their porting skills. Hopefully in the future they will get it resolved. My cell phone provider did it in a day.

Someone asked... My current phone provider is Time Warner. I wonder if they are being jerks and making it harder to port.

I'll answer this post when it gets ported.

Bob

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Cell phone porting operates under different FCC rules than land line porting does.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

MsCoulter

Post by MsCoulter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 am

My porting failed due to my address not being in the USPS database. Why? Because, as I explained to them when I initiated porting, the post office does not deliver to my home...I am forced to have a PO box and that is the service address appearing on my Verizon bill. However, their system will not allow for a PO box address to be used. So, after 3 weeks went by with no porting, I called them to explain it again and got involved with a supervisor. Now they promise I'll be ported 2 weeks later on Dec. 22. If it fails to port this time, I am going to cancel the request and get my $39.99 back. Then I am going to try another porting service that can also do call forwarding...here is a link to them: http://parkmyphone.com/plans-rates.php. If you notice, the porting charge here is only $15. I may just pay for a year's service to wean everyone off my old number....sheesh!!! :cry:

richc

Post by richc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:41 pm

PEOPLE I WOULDNOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OOMA i CANT RECEIVE CALLS FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS READ MY POST

BOB

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:00 pm

richc wrote:PEOPLE I WOULDNOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OOMA i CANT RECEIVE CALLS FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS READ MY POST

BOB
Sorry that you are having problems richc. WE GET IT :!:

If I were you I would take the last bit of advice you were given and take it back for a refund.

Happy Trails

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:41 pm

richc wrote:KISS MY ASS OLDANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now THAT is what I would call a rational response. NOT!!

Get back on your meds for societies sake. We're talking about a phone for crying out loud.

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Hasta la vista!