Magic Jack for landline

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
southsound
Re: Magic Jack for landline

Post by southsound » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 am

dsinternet wrote:
tommies wrote: Draw back, the hub hardware does not support inbound DTMF.
So what is the advantage of inbound DTMF?
Many people use home answering machines that provide remote access. These systems rely on DTMF (touchtones) to switch from answering to playback mode and check for a security code to make sure it is you calling in. There are also systems that can direct a call to various mailboxes (or extension phones) based on a caller entering a digit after an announcement. Some home monitoring systems allow you to phone in and check the status of your heating system, check freezing temperature or for water leacks, etc. None of these things can be done without DTMF. If all you want to do is use the ooma answering machine, inbound DTMF is not required.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

stocks22

Post by stocks22 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:12 am

I am with that. I bought the hub and the 2 Telo handsets. I returned them. Useless POS. You can't use the features. You can't use a second line, forget it. I am using it as one free line, that's it. It's false advertising. They probably won't support the damn thing after a year.

maarc1

Post by maarc1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:55 pm

oldanbo wrote:I understand.

My brother bought a magic jack and told me that it is a PITAS.
Neither of us leaves our pc on 24x7.

Regards
majick jack can't fax either but its portable for easy traveling.nor can u port a number to majick jack.they both e-mail your voice mail though.