Caller Id for outbound calls displayed as "OOMA INC"

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ss1974
Caller Id for outbound calls displayed as "OOMA INC"

Post by ss1974 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:48 am

Hi,

When ever I make an outbound call, the other party who receives the call will see "OOMA Inc" as the caller. I checked in ooma lounge and it's say it will display my name.

Now the problem is when ever I call my friends and family, they think that it is some marketing call and never answer. Is there any setup I am missing. Why is caller id displaying as "OOMA INC" rather than my name?

Thanks.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Caller Id for outbound calls displayed as "OOMA INC"

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 am

It can take up to two weeks for your outgoing caller-ID name to propagate through the various telecom databases after you choose a new number or port over an existing number. Until that propagation completes, your outgoing caller-ID name will read as "ooma Inc"

When did you activate your ooma system?
Bobby B

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Bobby B wrote:It can take up to two weeks for your outgoing caller-ID name to propagate through the various telecom databases after you choose a new number or port over an existing number.
Is this lag time starting from time of activation or from port completion?
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:42 pm

The propagation starts when you activate a new phone during activation or when a port completes.
Bobby B

ideallife2day

Post by ideallife2day » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:30 pm

So does that mean it will show Ooma for a long time from the date of initial activation since it took about 1.5wks to get to the porting process and another 3-4wks for the porting process to complete and another 2 weeks after that time for it to "propagate" as you say once porting is completed? I guess I'll be Ooma until spring time! haha :P

afoulger

Post by afoulger » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I activated my service just over 2 weeks and it still displays "ooma inc" in the caller ID. It sounds like I just need to wait a little longer but the ooma CS agent said that it only takes a "couple of business days".

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:14 pm

afoulger wrote:I activated my service just over 2 weeks and it still displays "ooma inc" in the caller ID. It sounds like I just need to wait a little longer but the ooma CS agent said that it only takes a "couple of business days".
Is this an automated process or after port completes you need to call CS and complain?
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image